Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Whitewater

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Wont be able to hunt until thanksgiving weekend. River probably wont be an option so thinking streams in whitewater wma. Anyone ever tried this? Probably a bust but no other options.

tbuc
Coot Commander

Re: Whitewater

Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:17 pm

I've never tried it. The whitewater river itself should be open but the pools will be froze if they aren't already. Remember, it's also deer season so all that public land in Whitewater will be swarming with orange coats with itchy trigger fingers. Not the best option for a relaxing hunt. Just remember to wear your orange.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:46 pm

tbuc wrote:I've never tried it. The whitewater river itself should be open but the pools will be froze if they aren't already. Remember, it's also deer season so all that public land in Whitewater will be swarming with orange coats with itchy trigger fingers. Not the best option for a relaxing hunt. Just remember to wear your orange.

Thats what I could not remember if deer would be open then or not. If it is I am not going and will hope and pray in a week I can find some open water on the Miss.

Lars30
Coot Commander

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:45 am

It can actually be pretty fun, but a lot of work, the streams will hold pockets of birds just about anywhere. I've put a lot of miles on walking streams with buddies and shooting birds, but we've never found a concentration big enough to set up on, its mostly jump shooting. In my days down there, we've also found some springs that hold birds real late into the season, find one of those and you are golden
Call em in and take em out

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:28 pm

I bet most any trout stream in the SE could hold a few ducks. If you can get permission from the landowners, a great way to extend ones season. Maybe even get a Pheasant too.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 am

Well I will probably try it next weekend and will post up how I do. I am not expecting much of anything but at least I will get to hunt!

tbuc
Coot Commander

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Don't forget your orange and be aware of the refuge in Whitewater. You'll probably find a few birds somewhere. Good luck.

Return to “South Zone”