Forum rules
In order to keep the Free Classifieds section as effective as possible, we ask that you follow these guidelines when posting an item for sale:

• Personal sales only, no listing of products as business inventory
  • Clearly state asking price, location & condition
  • Attach photo(s) to your post if possible - it'll help it sell and somebody's going to ask for 'em anyways!
  • Replies should be inquiry about the item for sale, avoid thread-jacking
lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Ammo

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:58 am

Any one know what to do with old Ammo? My old man had a little "cache" I'm cleaning out. Some .45, .9mm, 7mm Rem Mag, Win .300, etc.

I'll update with inventory if anyone is interested. Some of the stuff is OLD, as in Coast to Coast old.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ammo

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 am

lanyard wrote:Any one know what to do with old Ammo? My old man had a little "cache" I'm cleaning out. Some .45, .9mm, 7mm Rem Mag, Win .300, etc.

I'll update with inventory if anyone is interested. Some of the stuff is OLD, as in Coast to Coast old.

My local gun shop just bought a bunch that a old couple brought in and is now reselling it cheap. Do the same or sell it your self.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:49 am

emptymag wrote:
lanyard wrote:Any one know what to do with old Ammo? My old man had a little "cache" I'm cleaning out. Some .45, .9mm, 7mm Rem Mag, Win .300, etc.

My local gun shop just bought a bunch that a old couple brought in and is now reselling it cheap. Do the same or sell it your self.

I was thinking of stopping at Frontiersman on 394 and doing that. Seems like a place that would work it out.

Where is this local gun shop that you speak of?

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:52 am

You may also want to try and sell it at the upcoming MWCA Gun Show at the State Fair Grounds Education Building this weekend. There are a lot of old ammo collectors there that may give you better prices for the stuff, especially if it is in the original box/container.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:23 am

lanyard wrote:
emptymag wrote:

I was thinking of stopping at Frontiersman on 394 and doing that. Seems like a place that would work it out.

Where is this local gun shop that you speak of?

Little crow shooting sports in Hutchinson
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:31 pm

If you come across any Holiday boxes I'd be interested.

As with anything collectible, it depends wholly on condition. With ammo, full and correct is fairly important unless it's something extremely old or rare.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Sold the lot to Frontiersman. Done in 20 minutes. Some of it may have had collectibility, but for the most part it was "broken" boxes. Got the number I had in my head, so I guess the value worked out and it took 20 minutes.

Return to “FREE Classifieds - Sell your gear!”