greenheadlover
Coot Commander

Re: Pheasants

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:20 pm

got out Sat , w. central mn, took advantage of the nice weather.labs worked and pointed well, lots of fun to watch.
beautiful day, saw more birds sat than all other times this year combined, I'll bet we saw 75 birds between driving around and hunting all day (mostly driving around)
I had 2 roosters in my vest in the first 20 minutes and thought this was gonna be a 6 bird day, I could have had a third rooster but let it go past my buddy who was in town from central america, he shot 3 times and missed, ( he did have sun in his eyes,I'll give him that) later he missed another great opportunity on a going away close flush, I had a big tree between me and the rooster, and I was crawling out of a waist high snow drift at the time, wow. we saw another 3-4 roosters flushing way out in front and we flushed 20 or so hens, I was pleasantly surprised. great time, and looking forward to pheasant jalepeno poppers tommorrow,

a buddy has been crushing the roosters this yr on public land out near ortonville fwiw
I may get out 1 more time, love hunting in the snow

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Sounds like a fun day!

delta
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:05 pm

last day of season in the cattails
Attachments
DSCN0222.JPG

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:16 pm

delta wrote:last day of season in the cattails

Braver than me. To cold for me out there. Last few times out the cattails really didn't produce that much. If you could find cedars left standing you would find birds, just had to be on the right side when the dog would kick them out.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

greenheadlover
Coot Commander

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 pm

delta wrote:last day of season in the cattails

Nice work, there are/were birds to be had, Now its game farms for me and my pooches

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”