h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mn Pheasants up only 6%

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:27 pm

http://www.pheasantblog.org/minnesota-c ... de-survey/

SD and IA had 70+% increases. Perhaps the May and June rains did in fact hurt their producrion along with the harsh winter.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Mn Pheasants up only 6%

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 am

Still see more turkeys than pheasants around.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:12 am

^^^^ Very telling of the condition of the Pheasant population in MN.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:28 am

Driving home monday nite seen a bunch of young turkeys, counted 9 before they got in the tall grass, but I have seen more pheasants this year then the last few years, think it just depends if an area missed out on the gully washer rains some areas had in june....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Does the map's higher #s correspond with where the heaviest rains missed? Just curious...

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Does the map's higher #s correspond with where the heaviest rains missed? Just curious...

The area's that I observe the most is in the fair area, so I would say the map is somewhat accurate, and I have seen all sizes of birds as well.....definitely not the numbers we had a few years back but better than the last couple years....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:21 am

I was talking about the different size of the pheasants I've been seeing, driving home from work last nite a hen with little ones ran across the road, I wish I could of got a pic of them, they were about the size of a sparow, dang they were tiny, have doubts they will they be flying in a month..........

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”