Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2014 Archery Season

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:00 pm

I am working from home tomorrow, so I'll be sitting in the tree stand for a few hours in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Damn...pretty sure I had a buck chasing a doe tonight. Heard them running around the woods and after a few min a doe popped out at 60 yards. I could hear the other deer still walking her trail in the woods. She almost instantly winded me and after a few seconds she snorted and ran off tail up through the woods. The second deer was head and tail down right on her ass. Just couldn't make out a rack but almost 100% certain it was a buck. Really disappointed right now. I have had zero issues with odor this year...so when the wind started swirling a bit I wasn't that concerned. Ugh. Saw 3 other deer tonight too they were moving.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:13 pm

They are hitting and making scrapes pretty hard in the last few days.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Pretty sure I figured out why I smelled...turns out the GF had spilled diesel in the trunk of he car and pulled the mat out into the garage...whole garage smells like diesel and that's where my clothes were. She brought them out to me in the driveway yesterday and I didn't notice the clothes smelling last night but I sure could smell the diesel odor on them this morning. Washed everything early this morning and have them hanging outside all day. She got an earful

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Was hoping the rain would hold off but half hour after getting in the stand it started. Close to end of shooting had a deer step into a clearing about 80 yards out, but with it getting dark and the backdrop being swamp grass couldn't tell if it had antlers or not. Wind looks to be howling tomorrow we'll see if I make it out

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 am

I'll be sitting all day tomorrow after this wind dies down. Hopefully that gets them on their feet.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Windy as hell out there tonight. Go from sweating Sunday evening to chilled tonight. Had one doe come out of no where...not sure if she was bedded down close to me or what. The scrape by my stand was freshly worked since last night. Should be a good couple days coming up.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 pm

I'm going to get my lazy a** out tomorrow to and probably Thursday

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:35 am

I hunted Thursday Night, Friday morning, Friday night, and Saturday night. Saw good/great activity each sit. Going to try "work remotely" on Friday for an all day Halloween sit.

Had 2 different 1.5 year old bucks chasing does in one of my food plots and grunting. Fun to see the rut start.. but many of my bucks have slipped into being nocturnal. Showing up infront of cameras just after and before shooting light. I can be confident that my motivation for work will be plummeting for the next couple of weeks.

Scrapes are popping up everywhere, and I have 2 cameras on video mode set up over good sized scrapes. I'd love to share some footage. Anyone know how to share a video on this forum?
Craigslist Prostaff

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Good luck...can't do an all day sit til the weekend probably. But I am scheduling my days for all morning appointments and as of right now I only have one at 9 AM Friday...so may spend most of the day out there. Only wrench is my Dad needs a hand taking out the dock/pontoon possibly...told him he better do it early if he wants help.

I'm already done with my appts today just working on paperwork, probably sneak out of the office in about an hour

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”