Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Safety Harness

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:51 pm

What to you guys use for a safety harness? I've been risking it for long enough... I used to use the cheapo's that came with the stands...but I would like to get a legit lifesaver. Something that doesn't cost a ton would be nice.

Thanks.
Craigslist Prostaff

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Re: Safety Harness

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 pm

I'll check mine tonight I've used it once and like it, nice fit to it. My old man bout it for me so I don't die is what he claims

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:18 pm

I used the big game Ez on harness last year and no complaints. I bought a climber this year so I switched to the big game ironhide harness.

Ez on was nice because it had large pockets. Was heavy because it was full vest but helped keep warm later in year. Switched because I felt it was too bulky to be using while climbing with my climber.

Ironhide is very nice so far.

Do you wear it inside or outside of jacket?

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 pm

I just have a cheappy, but I almost feel naked sitting in the tree without it (in my climber)

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Forgot to check its in my bag

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 pm

I just use the ones that came with my stands.

They saved my butt once, as I woke up dangling harmlessly after falling asleep in my stand. It would have turned out badly had I not been wearing it.

My brother still doesn't use one. I should get him one as a present. What do you short apple-shaped guys wear?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Been meaning to get one...only issue I have had was falling out of a tree while hanging a stand. One of those deals couldn't believe it was happening. Start falling backward(expected it to happen, no big deal) but when I reached for the branch I missed. Back hurt for like 4 months afterwards. Was about a 15' fall...definitely shocked me a little.

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”