maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Kolpin Dirtworks

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Anybody used this or seen it in action? Does it work OK? Was going to expand my food plots a little for next year and need something better for working the ground and planting...like 2-3 acres worth of food plots. I have a Sportsman 800 so weight and power will not be an issue, more concerned with it actually performing. I have my eyes on a used system right now.

Just wondering if this would be a good option or if I should spend my money elsewhere.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Kolpin Dirtworks

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:41 pm

I've always wanted something for my four wheeler but I've always been skeptical on how the attachments would actually stay in the ground. I don't know I guess, what keeps down pressure on it?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:22 pm

It has an electric actuator that operates a cylinder applying 300 lbs downward pressure. Apparently for it to work good the IRS has to be locked out. It actually has pretty good reviews from what I've read so far. I was looking at a used one 2 years ago and decided against it at the time. Looking again. I would love to get a small tractor but I already have a wheeler.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:24 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:It has an electric actuator that operates a cylinder applying 300 lbs downward pressure. Apparently for it to work good the IRS has to be locked out. It actually has pretty good reviews from what I've read so far. I was looking at a used one 2 years ago and decided against it at the time. Looking again. I would love to get a small tractor but I already have a wheeler.

Makes sense; was hoping it wasn't a put 10 cinder blocks on it type of a thing. If you can afford it, might be the way to go if you can get yourself something smaller with a loader.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Probably can...but don't really want to haha. But I for sure don't want to use my hodge podge equipment I have if I am going to expand the food plot acres. An acre is ok, if I expand to 3-4 acres I want something better.

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:55 pm

I have utilized a 10 foot disc with blocks on it for wieght behind a wheeler. Takes longer but easily found for cheap or free. Also used a drag section. Just takes longer. Also a cheap option for some is a garden tractor. Like a craftsman. Good power and a sleeve hitch goes a long way.

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”