maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Trail camera pics.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Nice...I need something different its like they could care less my plot is there. 3 does walked across the picked bean field tonight 60 yards from my food plot and never even walked to it...just ate beans and walked into the woods. Seems like they barely touch the radishes and turnips

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:52 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Nice...I need something different its like they could care less my plot is there. 3 does walked across the picked bean field tonight 60 yards from my food plot and never even walked to it...just ate beans and walked into the woods. Seems like they barely touch the radishes and turnips

Need cold/freeze.

They haven't destroyed my plot yet (which is great) but there are 5 or more deer a day coming through. Very happy with the mix I put together and will be using it probably every year as well as a couple new locations.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:32 am

All my deer leave when it freezes haha

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:41 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:All my deer leave when it freezes haha

Haha well maybe this will keep them around!

Brassicas need a freeze for the starches to turn to sugar. Also, it make take more than one growing season for them to really like and understand it as a good food source. You might want to help them out too by digging up a few for them, otherwise I doubt they know what to do other than eat the leaves.

beard
Coot Commander

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”