h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Ruffed Grouse Management Areas

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:22 pm

New page at www.mndnr.gov/rgma
lets you search for Ruffed Grouse Management Areas (RGMAs) -- great destinations for hunters looking to experience grouse and woodcock hunting.

Season opens tomorrow. For ruffed and spruce grouse, season runs Saturday, Sept. 19, through Sunday, Jan. 3, 2015; and for sharp-tailed grouse from Sept. 19 through Sunday, Nov. 30.

Ruffed Grouse Management Areas (RGMAs) are a great destination for the hunter looking to experience grouse and woodcock hunting. Find a Minnesota RGMA here.
dnr.state.mn.us
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ruffed Grouse Management Areas

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:58 pm

These areas get hit the hardest. You are much better off hunting the 1000's of acres of accessible land that aren't designated as a DNR area. A plot book is your friend.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:40 pm

However, they are a great place to check out new threads from Filson, orvis, or LL Bean, test drive a Subaru, or hitch a ride back to 612 land if you have car trouble!

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:40 am

Quack wrote:However, they are a great place to check out new threads from Filson, orvis, or LL Bean, test drive a Subaru, or hitch a ride back to 612 land if you have car trouble!

LOL!

I've considered putting a 50 gallon tank on the back of my SUV with Fuel for the "road hunters". Figure you could make some nice sideline cash for that.

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”