maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Plots/Trail Cams

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 am

Anybody gearing up preseason here?

Unfortunately I really wanted to go cut the plots but I can't do anything too physical for a bit yet, can't even target practice with the bow. But hoping in another 2 weeks I can go get them cut, start practicing with the bow and see how that's gonna go. Hoping to go put out the game cameras next week or weekend and see what's moving around

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Re: Plots/Trail Cams

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Starting to get the itch. Switching arrows to a much heavier set up with higher FOC. Cameras.... no rush. I used to hang cameras all summer and between time constraints and not having as much interest in watching velvet grow I'll likely wait until mid-late august. No special plots this year other than beans, corn and alfalfa from standard farming practices. If it's anything like the last 10 years I'll have a pile of small bucks, a couple decent ones and 1 or 2 big ones to chase until the orange army rears it's ugly head.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 am

Food plots done back in June. I never got into the camera's. I shoot whatever. One year it might be a small buck with my bow because of time constraints and other hunting trips planned. The next year it might be a doe with muzzle loader. As time goes on I bow hunt less and muzzle load more.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:46 am

Got 2 plots in yesterday. One was clover blend and winter rye. Other was radish, winter pea and wheat.

Cameras are pretty slow this year so far.

Building a hay bale blind that's turning out really good so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Attempted to cut back my plots today but got through 2/3 of one with the ol bolens weed whip and a fuel line gave out on me. Set a camera, and depending on the rain tomorrow hoping to fix up my whip early and finish up

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”