Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bow Hunting Reports...Whats Left of the Season Anyway

Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:49 pm

View from the blind tonight... You can see the only view I had. I shut all other blind windows to try hide myself. Is this how you all hide in our blinds while bow hunting?
Attachments
20131210_154510.jpg
Craigslist Prostaff

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:44 pm

tola18 wrote:View from the blind tonight... You can see the only view I had. I shut all other blind windows to try hide myself. Is this how you all hide in our blinds while bow hunting?

Yupp. I close everything except one or maybe two corners of windows. You want it black as possible. I'll take pic next time I'm out.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:59 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
tola18 wrote:View from the blind tonight... You can see the only view I had. I shut all other blind windows to try hide myself. Is this how you all hide in our blinds while bow hunting?

Yupp. I close everything except one or maybe two corners of windows. You want it black as possible. I'll take pic next time I'm out.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Sounds good. My Bone Collector blind chair made it easy to get my legs situated to draw from a seated position. Just didn't get the opportunity to draw on a deer! Hopefully before Christmas.
Craigslist Prostaff

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm

tola18 wrote:
tola18 wrote:

Sounds good. My Bone Collector blind chair made it easy to get my legs situated to draw from a seated position. Just didn't get the opportunity to draw on a deer! Hopefully before Christmas.

Same here. With temps like they are it's more tempting to shoot coyotes or fish instead though.

One thing I noticed looking at your picture again, you may want to break those weeds in half in front of the blind; would hate to hit one on a shot!

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Saw a nice 6pt making a scrape on private land that I can hunt today. Problem was I was in my truck! He was 60-80 yards away and didn't care at all that I was there. Plus only a 6pt he is safe for at least another year!
Conservation:Hunt with a trained retriever.

www.threeriversretrievers.com

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Same here. With temps like they are it's more tempting to shoot coyotes or fish instead though.

One thing I noticed looking at your picture again, you may want to break those weeds in half in front of the blind; would hate to hit one on a shot!

I noticed that once I was in my blind... but I didn't dare mess with it as I got out there with about 90 minutes to hunt. Trying to minimize activity...even though the plot is about 50 yard from the farm yard itself :lol:

I will have to snap them off a about a foot and a half lower.
Craigslist Prostaff

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:22 am

Probably try and get out next week with the moderation in temps a little bit...at least I'll be able to see if theres tracks in the food plot.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Going to give it a whirl tonight. Looks like I'll be able to get out about and hour and a half before dark. Here goes nothing...
Craigslist Prostaff

Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Should be a nice night for a hunt. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:38 pm

It was painfully still and quiet in the woods tonight. Absolutely no wind. I had one deer approaching my "kill hole" but it heard me TURN MY HEAD. It was painful to sit there even for just 90 minutes and not be able to move. No deer on the ground tonight... Tracks cover every square foot of my 1/2 acre plot. Must be hitting it after dark?
Craigslist Prostaff

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”