maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bow Hunting Reports...Whats Left of the Season Anyway

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I wonder if they make a low cost minature GPS that you can place into a Game cam so that it is not noticed? If solen you go to your computer and can track them down. And let the LEOs have the info and they can get a search warrant and you can get them back.

They have some where the camera and storage drive are kept in separate locations...you can hide the storage part up to 300' away from the camera and pictures are stored wirelessly. Obviously that's not a perfect solution though...batteries can run out, pictures could be blurry, etc.

Eventually I am sure the thieves would learn to open the camera and pull GPS out...nothing will fully stop it.

I bought a security box to get some ideas and gonna weld up my own with thicker metal, areas to lag into a tree, and a chain welded to it. Probably a few other things. One of my winter projects.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:37 am

Woke up sick Saturday so haven't been out since last Wednesday. Still sick but may go out tonight if the rain/heavy snow holds off til later. Could be a good night with the cold air coming in behind this front.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:03 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:I wonder if they make a low cost minature GPS that you can place into a Game cam so that it is not noticed? If solen you go to your computer and can track them down. And let the LEOs have the info and they can get a search warrant and you can get them back.

I bought a security box to get some ideas and gonna weld up my own with thicker metal, areas to lag into a tree, and a chain welded to it. Probably a few other things. One of my winter projects.

Keep us updated on how they turn out.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Had 2 of my game cams stolen this year too. Kind of wrecked my season. I have not seen much for bucks other than 4 pointers. My dad shot a nice buck during 3b and I shot a nice fat doe during 3b gun too. I am actively looking for some new private hunting lands.

These thieves should have their hands cut off when they get caught!
Conservation:Hunt with a trained retriever.

www.threeriversretrievers.com

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh yeah my game cams were stolen within 3 days of me putting them up. Last year they were on the same trees and I never took a picture of a person. Pissed me off, plus my newer Cuddy Back crapped out and only takes pictures of standing deer, won't pick up anything moving.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Labguy23 wrote:Oh yeah my game cams were stolen within 3 days of me putting them up. Last year they were on the same trees and I never took a picture of a person. Pissed me off, plus my newer Cuddy Back crapped out and only takes pictures of standing deer, won't pick up anything moving.

Dang you had all kinds of bad luck with your cams. I have had one stolen before. Honestly just makes a guy sick to his stomach. Mine was roughly 250 yards north of my parents place right in the pasture with our cattle, mile from the nearest road. That takes some hardcore trespassing and balls to do.

I honestly haven't heard that many good things about cuddeback..

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Yup my Moultree's were way better and of course they stole them.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm calling quits on the serious hunting, didn't see a thing. There was a set of fawn and doe tracks in the snow. I had really high hopes tonight but obviously they have moved to their winter area like every year. I'll try and go one or two more times if it warms up a bit, but have zero expectations at this point.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:40 pm

The deer are absolutely destroying my 1/2 acre of turnips. I have a ladder stand on the East edge of it, but I put my ground blind on the south side today to be able to use a heater and stay at least a little bit warm. Hope to stick a baldy on Sunday night as the temperatures are projected to come back above 0 with light winds.
Craigslist Prostaff

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:29 am

They aren't touching my radishes and turnips at all...they either all pushed out or haven't found them yet. 20's next weekend I'll try and make it out and see if they are hitting them

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”