h2ofwlr
The One And Only

You don't see this too often

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:40 am

https://www.facebook.com/scottie.anders ... 4054092811

Yes likely you need to be on Face Book to view.

11 of them while he was Deer hunting.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: You don't see this too often

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 am

Another from FB. A Cougar killed a deer on the road in front of the vehicle.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Ryan Headlee added 4 new photos.
November 4 at 8:52pm ·

I’ll still be telling this story in 30 years to my grand-babies. Bitter cold November day today. I was out hunting with my buddy earlier this morning. He had to bail for family matters, so I took the long way home to scope out some new territory (and undeniably, to test out my new truck). I got real lost in the mess of forest service roads and snow north of Kamloops Lake. I was hoping to catch my wife by phone before she started making dinner to see if she wanted to go out. Finally got ahold of her around 5pm after I passed Tranquille on the way back to Kamloops. Was talking to her on the Bluetooth, when I noticed 6 does on the side of the road. I got pretty close in the truck and was just checking them out when, all of a sudden, this mountain lion jumps out of the bush next to me with a loud snarl, and takes down a doe, throwing her to the road! I scrambled for my phone to take a video, but all I could muster was a few pictures. The lion drug the deer off the road in the blink of an eye and was about 12’ over a little cliff from me. I watched the deer expire and I locked eyes with the cougar for a few minutes until a passing car scared him off. What a feeling to witness such a rare event! The explosive power of this cougar really surprised me! This is life in BC.

Feel free to share!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “Trapping & Predator Hunting”