emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Ammo

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:36 pm

What are you guys shooting? I've got,

95 gr Hornady SST out of 243, handload
50 gr Nosler BT from 223 AR, handload

Also have some 00 9 pellet buck shot and some #4 hornady buckshot.
What are you guys using in those shot guns?
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ammo

Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:07 am

.243 federal 70 grain nosler ballistic tips.

Hevi shot dead coyote T's I don't leave home without it. That hevi breaks bones. Killed two yotes in one shot 2 years ago. Passed through one and killed the one on the other side of it at 50 yards.

I would leave the OO buck at home. To small of pattern at close range and to many holes in the pattern at further distances. At least that has been my experience.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 am

55 grain Hornady .223
Have yet to pick up any shotgun ammo. Definitely will check out the Hevi shot dead coyote T's. Gimp - have you seen them at Runnings at all? I know they carry Hevi shot (although Redwood Runnings is pretty terrible compared to Marshall) but cant remember what even though I used to work there.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:17 pm

50grain Berger VLD FT. Handoad out of a 22-250
Or 42 grain Berger VLD BT hand loads out of a 204 ruger

10 ga. BB or 12 ga. # 4 buck

Thinking of working up some new loads for both rifles, looking for more of a LONG range load..... Shot gun is good to 50-60 so why sight in a rifle at 100???
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

delta
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:21 pm

fiocci 50 gr. v-max from the big box store

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:53 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:55 grain Hornady .223
Have yet to pick up any shotgun ammo. Definitely will check out the Hevi shot dead coyote T's. Gimp - have you seen them at Runnings at all? I know they carry Hevi shot (although Redwood Runnings is pretty terrible compared to Marshall) but cant remember what even though I used to work there.

I bought a box from the new ulm runnings and you are right about the redwood one being a joke. Don't let the price scare you away because it is well worth it. It will put more fur on the ground than any other load out there and trust me I have tried them all. Plus it's not like you are going to go through a box every time out.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:27 pm

gimpfinger wrote:

I bought a box from the new ulm runnings and you are right about the redwood one being a joke. Don't let the price scare you away because it is well worth it. It will put more fur on the ground than any other load out there and trust me I have tried them all. Plus it's not like you are going to go through a box every time out.

Any idea if it's safe to shoot through a kicks choke?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:41 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:

If it's safe for steel shot it should be good for hevi.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:25 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:[quote="greatwhitehunter3!"]55 grain Hornady .223

If it's safe for steel shot it should be good for hevi.[/quote]

Okay good deal.

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:46 am

gimpfinger wrote:

Just curious, how much are you paying for the dead coyote ammo?

Return to “Trapping & Predator Hunting”