gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Yotes!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Man I really have to think about that. I guess night would be, but that I think is because I don't need to try to slip in close to cover as I would at daytime. But they are a tuff critter to figure out. You could go days and days without anything and then the next day you could call em in on every other stand. Biggest thing is to stay low, slip in without making to much sound and try to keep a cross wind or wind in your face. I have different spots for different wind directions.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:36 am

gimpfinger wrote:Man I really have to think about that. I guess night would be, but that I think is because I don't need to try to slip in close to cover as I would at daytime. But they are a tuff critter to figure out. You could go days and days without anything and then the next day you could call em in on every other stand. Biggest thing is to stay low, slip in without making to much sound and try to keep a cross wind or wind in your face. I have different spots for different wind directions.

If you're game sometime, I'd like to tag along and see how you do it. I don't need to bring my gun but to just watch and learn. PM if you're interested.

Hoping to get out the next couple nights depending on wind/weather/clouds. Buddy went out Friday night and had one at 100 yards but couldn't seal the deal before it went over a hill.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

Is it better earlier in the evening, middle of the night, early morning? Just wondering, I get up at 3:30 when the girlfriend leaves for work and typically work out prior to leaving for work myself. But I could just as easy go hunt for a couple hours before work as well.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Is it better earlier in the evening, middle of the night, early morning? Just wondering, I get up at 3:30 when the girlfriend leaves for work and typically work out prior to leaving for work myself. But I could just as easy go hunt for a couple hours before work as well.

If you have a chance to hunt just before and after sunrise I would if I was you. The theory is that if some have yet to get a kill that night that hunger will make them desperate. At least that what some "pros" have told me. But for me anytime is the right time for coyote hunting.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:

If you're game sometime, I'd like to tag along and see how you do it. I don't need to bring my gun but to just watch and learn. PM if you're interested.

What good would you be without a gun? lol Might have to meet up sometime and try to put some fur on the ground.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:47 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:

What good would you be without a gun? lol Might have to meet up sometime and try to put some fur on the ground.

Haha well this is true. It was more of a want to learn more question!

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:33 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Is it better earlier in the evening, middle of the night, early morning? Just wondering, I get up at 3:30 when the girlfriend leaves for work and typically work out prior to leaving for work myself. But I could just as easy go hunt for a couple hours before work as well.

If you have a chance to hunt just before and after sunrise I would if I was you. The theory is that if some have yet to get a kill that night that hunger will make them desperate. At least that what some "pros" have told me. But for me anytime is the right time for coyote hunting.

Thanks...makes sense I guess. May have to try it out some morning one of these weeks.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:04 am

Kicked one on the sleds tonight just south of Shakopee right around 2:00

Sent from a phancy fone

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Tonight should be a perfect night. Wind dying down late afternoon and only 20-30% sky cover. Going to try to make as many stands tonight as possible.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm

I just got home from work and I'm going to be for a few hours so I can run and gun all night.

Return to “Trapping & Predator Hunting”