greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Yotes!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 am

gimpfinger wrote:I just got home from work and I'm going to be for a few hours so I can run and gun all night.

Any luck?

I was out from about 8-1 last night. Not a single coyote seen... I did call in anywhere from 2-5 owls at each spot though; must mean doing something somewhat right?

Going to try today but instead of at night I'm going to head out around 5 and make a stand in the pasture.

169Sportsman
Coot Commander

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:33 am

Tried a few times this week with no luck.

Monday - Two stands before the 20mph winds blew me home.

Tuesday - Three stands got some howling on the first stand but they never showed.

Thursday - One stand with no luck and decided it just wasn't bright enough to make any more stands.

Waiting for the first of the year to turn the lights on. May try a few day time sets before than.

Johnsd16
Coot Commander

Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:54 am

You guys are hard core hunting all night. I've shot a few, mostly in Nebraska or when it was opportune. Got this one today, I just prefer them to be sleeping when I get there and swapped out the 22-250 for some 5/64" with a mini lock and some patience.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:46 am

^ good work!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:04 am

Ran into a few guys yesterday using two radios to corral coyotes and then shooting them from the road. All the farmers in the area are pissed because non of these guys have permission, what fun would that be.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:54 am

triplecurler wrote:Ran into a few guys yesterday using two radios to corral coyotes and then shooting them from the road. All the farmers in the area are pissed because non of these guys have permission, what fun would that be.

None what so ever. Can't stand the guys that brag about shooting x amount of coyotes and then find out they were all taken like that.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:36 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
triplecurler wrote:Ran into a few guys yesterday using two radios to corral coyotes and then shooting them from the road. All the farmers in the area are pissed because non of these guys have permission, what fun would that be.

None what so ever. Can't stand the guys that brag about shooting x amount of coyotes and then find out they were all taken like that.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk[/quote

We have a group like that up hear!!! They are so bad that doors have been taken off trucks , Hounds shot, and the best is asking that land owener to use his tractor to get your truck out of the field you got stuck in that you don't have permission for! The group around (pm me). claims to shoot 100+ every year
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:39 pm

ducksmuggler wrote:

We have a group like that up hear!!! They are so bad that doors have been taken off trucks , Hounds shot, and the best is asking that land owener to use his tractor to get your truck out of the field you got stuck in that you don't have permission for! The group around (pm me). claims to shoot 100+ every year

Wow

Johnsd16
Coot Commander

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:02 pm

This one needed a little love tap before she went to sleep, didn't tangle up enough. Perfect neck catch.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:11 pm

ducksmuggler wrote:

If I were that farmer I'd say sure I'll be down in a minute, take sweet old time (at least an hour) then when I did finally get there I would be sure to wreak something in his truck. Or I would call the cops and make sure I had him blocked in

Return to “Trapping & Predator Hunting”