h2ofwlr
The One And Only

More out-of-state anglers charged with exceeding their fish limit

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:11 pm

I thought Iowans were bad, but is seems that the Hoosiers have taken the top spot for the most prolific fishing violators

August 28, 2015 By Adam Uren, BMTN
links http://bringmethenews.com/2015/08/28/mo ... ish-limit/

More out-of-state anglers are charged with poaching after officials say they went over their fish limit on Minnesota lakes.

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) reports three men from Illinois and Indiana were more than 50 fish over their catch limit after a routine patrol checked up on them on Twin Lake, south of Ely, on June 21.

DNR conservation officer Anthony Bermel noticed them either bailing water out of their boat or putting water into their live well, and when they were asked how the fishing was, “they replied that fishing was good and they had caught their limit,” according to the release.

After they mentioned they had fished nearby Burntside and Grassy lakes, Bermel investigated and found the resort cabin they were staying in, where he found 64 bass – 46 over the limit for three anglers – and 71 sunfish, 11 over the limit of 20 per angler, the DNR says.

Jim and Jeremy Szutenbach (48 and 18 respectively, of Cedar Lake, Indiana) and Daniel Szutenbach (23, of Channahon, Illinois) were hit with gross misdemeanor charges and had their boat, motor, trailer and fishing licenses seized.

The restitution value of the fish they’re accused of catching was $1,435.

Earlier this month, the DNR revealed a different group of six anglers from Indiana were found in possession of a whopping 676 fish over their limit on Upper Cormorant Lake in Becker County.

They are scheduled to appeal in court on Monday, having been charged with almost $3,400 in restitution and fines of about $1,000.

Anyone witnessing fishing or wildlife violations can call the Turn In Poachers (TIP) hotline at 800-652-9093.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: More out-of-state anglers charged with exceeding their fish limit

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:47 am

They should be given a cash prize for keeping that many bass.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “Fishing”