greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ice Fishing Sonar

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:20 am

Quack wrote:My only complaint about the marcum unit is dangling the transducer off the support arm. So I took a little pipe insulation and some zip ties and made my own float. Much happier now.

I actually like that since it usually means I don't have to take transducer arm out every time I get a reasonable fish like my cousin with the vex and floating transducer. I did however snap off the transducer arm last year since they are made pretty flimsy.

I am ordering a custom aluminum arm for it this year though.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:34 am

If you take the arm and float off you will lose less fish due to getting caught up in the ducer. Just run your ducer cable down the edge of your hole leaving the ducer just below the bottom of the ice. This is what I do with my bird and hardly ever have to pull it out of the hole to ice a fish. When it is against the ice you are much less likely to get caught up in it than if it is in the middle or edge of your hole with a float or arm. I have shown some of my buddies this and they haven't put their floats or arms back on.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:24 am

Even with the arm I have it right up against the hole so it very rarely tangles a fish. Cousin is always hollering to pull out the floating transducer arm if he thinks it's a keeper.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Or drill another hole for the flasher, unless you are sitting in a permanent house I suppose...

Sent from a phancy fone

Sheldy4
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:21 pm

I have a Marcum LX-7. I like the way you can update it to the lastest software yourself and its pretty much user friendly if you read the directions. Good support of info right from there website

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Sheldy does the 7 cause or get interference when playing with other brands of graphs?

Sheldy4
Coot Commander

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Um it might give the other brands a little trouble but most of the time I think it's ok. I really think it depends how close. If cone angle is to close there will be some issues. Most of the guys I fish with don't complain to bad

Return to “Fishing”