Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ice Fishing Sonar

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:00 pm

That could be. So are you in the market or just curious what others run?

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm just seeing what everybody is else using.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Cracks me up how people cry about marcum interference.

Sorry your machine can't keep up . . .

The vexilar fanboys and girls are the biggest babies! :lol:

But actually, My LX3 and the gf's FL-18 do just fine. There's usually a little interference, but it doesn't affect anyone's ability to read the screen. Just something to cry about.

Why vexilar doesn't produce a moving zoom column on their basic units is beyond me.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Quack I'm not sure if your post was directed at me or not but in case you missed it I rock a humminbird.

Quack wrote: There's usually a little interference, but it doesn't affect anyone's ability to read the screen.

That will get annoying quick for the guys who fish every weekend for 3-4 months.

Does anyone know if the lx7 causes interference? Does it have lag or a delay? It kinda looked like it does on IDO but maybe it's just from filming. That's a pretty sweet unit but I think I'd need to try it before dropping that kind of cheddar.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Lighten up Frances . . . It wasn't directed at you and it doesn't apply to you.

Just speaking from experience. To do it over again, I would get the Humminbird just to avoid the vexi fanboys (and girls) that I fish with. The only reason I didn't get the Humminbird is that the knobs seemed like they could be fragile.

Any discussion on that?

Assume they are not or the design would have been changed. They were pretty new on the scene when I bought my marcum . . . was also fishing solo most of the time back then!

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Quack wrote:Lighten up Frances . . . It wasn't directed at you and it doesn't apply to you.

Just speaking from experience. To do it over again, I would get the Humminbird just to avoid the vexi fanboys (and girls) that I fish with. The only reason I didn't get the Humminbird is that the knobs seemed like they could be fragile.

Any discussion on that?

Assume they are not or the design would have been changed. They were pretty new on the scene when I bought my marcum . . . was also fishing solo most of the time back then!

Brother in law had one, sold it now, and the knobs did seem kind of (hollow?) for lack of better word. He never had any functioning problems with them though.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Sorry guy
Quack wrote:Lighten up Frances . . . It wasn't directed at you and it doesn't apply to you.
!

It seemed like it was directed at me because I was the only one in the thread talking about the intereference.

Anywho from what I can tell they fixed the knobs on the birds. I have heard similar complaints about the first model from others. Mine have been fine and are not hollow.

It seems the birds have a lot of issues fresh out of the box. My buddy worked at an outdoor store and people were returning them all the time. I sent mine in 3 times before it worked right. Now that it works right I couldn't be happier but it was a pain in the ass dealing with humminbirds warranty dept. It took 2-3 weeks for them to return an email or call and another 2-3 after I responded. If you do get a bird throw the support cable away. It was designed to get around a patent. I took my foam off too because it isn't neccesary.

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:27 pm

I hate the marcum interference. When I got my fl8 there where no others. And I am not replacing it. I just don't let those guys fish in my house.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 pm

All day today 2 vex's and my marcum. Not single interference problem.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:04 am

Interesting stuff on the problems with humminbird flashers . . . I'm not a big shopper or techy or anything and haven't followed reviews or kept in the loop since I bought the marcum.

My only complaint about the marcum unit is dangling the transducer off the support arm. So I took a little pipe insulation and some zip ties and made my own float. Much happier now.

Return to “Fishing”