h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mn Walleye Opener

Mon May 09, 2016 9:39 am

Big Al's fearless prediction of the MN Walleye opener is: Lockjaw.
38 for a low locally for Sat AM, cooling off on Thursday, so water temps dropping which = for the most part lock jaw for them, finicky in very likelihood. And don't forget your long johns and winter bibs and jackets and gloves. I bet there is a chance of a few flurries up north too.
I remember about 25 years ago when in central Mn fishing on the Opener and the high was 40 with snow showers. A tough bite and damned cold with the 15-30 MPH winds.
Too bad the opener was not 2 days ago, it'd would have been a good bite with the warm temps and everyone would have enjoyed them selves.
Good luck to everyone heading out later this week.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: Mn Walleye Opener

Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 pm

Most guys will fish too deep and too slow and complain about the weather.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed May 11, 2016 8:45 pm

^^

Exactly. Water temps look prime in most of the state for opener. Walleyes don't get bothered this time of year by cold fronts. Should be a great weekend of catching!

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed May 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Dress warm.

Teens for wind chills for Bemidji with lows in the 20s both Sat and Sun AM http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weathe ... n=USMN0064

10 degrees warmer for S Mn http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weathe ... n=USMN0135

I think I'll stay warm and throw a few logs into the stove and work in the shop this weekend. :D
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “Fishing”