Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Anyone heading to Brainerd this weekend for the big tourney?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm

I am heading up for the first time. I don't expect to catch fish but I do plan on having a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anyone heading to Brainerd this weekend for the big tour

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:11 am

went to this back in the early 90's I believe when there was 4-5000 people there, way too many people there now for me.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:20 am

Did you catch anything?? read where there was like 9500 people fishing and only around 400 fish caught....had a brother and his kids there and they caught nothing......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:34 am

Didn't catch a thing. Started out in 65 feet then moved to 15 for the last hour just hoping to get a bite but nothing. I did catch a walleye in my buddy's house on full about 30 min. After the tourney. About 100 yards off the contest area.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:51 pm

you should of stayed in the 65' water, I read that is where the guy caught the winning walleye...65' of water he said, I was like WTF, we don't have a lake around here deeper than 10'..... :lol: ....

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 am

9manfan wrote:you should of stayed in the 65' water, I read that is where the guy caught the winning walleye...65' of water he said, I was like WTF, we don't have a lake around here deeper than 10'..... :lol: ....

Do they release the fish caught in that tournament? Otherwise catching any fish at 65' would blow their eyes out of their sockets! haha...
Craigslist Prostaff

Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:21 pm

All fish have to be released.

Return to “Fishing”