tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: Tapatalk

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:16 am

Hoping to have enough time behind the new AR and a new M&P by this fall to start shooting some local matches. Need to finish getting my belt set up, swap the sights on the pistol, and find a choke that shoots birdshot and slugs decent.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:35 am

No better way to get acquainted than to go play with it - as long as you've got weapon manipulation down you're good to go. Don't waste ammo on this, it can all be done via dry fire.

In both my M2 and 870, a mod choke seems best suited for slugs and birdshot. Most prefer a light mod for all around use, but will have a full set and swap them feverishly between stages. Didn't even know a diffusion choke existed until I started shooting 3gun.

There's a tactical shotgun match coming up in July at the Forest Lake Sportsmen's Club. It's the same dynamics and rule set of 3 gun, just shotgun only. Great way to get your feet wet without worrying about the other two pieces to the puzzle. I'll be there and have more than enough shell carriers to share. You can even borrow them before hand if you want to get used to loading before the match (they go monthly through October).

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Forrest Lake is a long drive from Sioux Falls ;)
We have a USPCA club locally that puts on pistol and 3 gun matches. I'll get my feet wet locally, but I do plan on traveling next summer. I hate golf, and I quit playing softball both leagues and tourneys, so I need something else to do besides catch walleye.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “Website Help, Questions & Suggestions”