Would you like to see a reputation system implemented here?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13
shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Feature poll: reputation system

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Just taking a poll on how many would like to see a reputation system implemented here.

It would basically allow members to give points to other members for making a legitimate post that they found beneficial or helpful in one way or another.

A member's reputation would be shown next to their post count. It could be configured to only show positive reputation, or both positive and negative.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Feature poll: reputation system

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:55 pm

shnelson wrote:Just taking a poll on how many would like to see a reputation system implemented here.

It would basically allow members to give points to other members for making a legitimate post that they found beneficial or helpful in one way or another.

A member's reputation would be shown next to their post count. It could be configured to only show positive reputation, or both positive and negative.

So would it be like Facebook "likes"?

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:59 pm

I have seen a similar thing on a motorcycle forum. Basically was used for sales/dealings with one another. Good sale, get a positive. Shady dealings, you got a negative. For here I suppose could be like take someone hunting and they contribute to decoy setup, are an excellent caller, etc they get a positive. Refuse to follow laws, unsafe hunter, etc get a negative. I would only suggest you keep the system to actual human interaction though and not base plus or minus over internet banter if you did it that way. This isn't exactly like what you are taking about with making a good post and getting a positive. On the motorcycle site they have a "like" feature for that kind if thing.

Sent from a phancy fone

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:01 pm

More like a member score.

Say the scale is from 0-100 (or -100 to +100). Members could award other members points for good posts, or detract points for bad posts.

Would give quick insight on what members to take serious around here :)

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Goldfish wrote:I have seen a similar thing on a motorcycle forum. Basically was used for sales/dealings with one another. Good sale, get a positive. Shady dealings, you got a negative. For here I suppose could be like take someone hunting and they contribute to decoy setup, are an excellent caller, etc they get a positive. Refuse to follow laws, unsafe hunter, etc get a negative. I would only suggest you keep the system to actual human interaction though and not base plus or minus over internet banter if you did it that way. This isn't exactly like what you are taking about with making a good post and getting a positive. On the motorcycle site they have a "like" feature for that kind if thing.

Sent from a phancy fone

This was another consideration. I have been tossing around a feedback system specific for sales, but i'm not really interested in that unless things pick up in the classifieds.

You might be on to something with hunter reputation - but that would require our members actually get out and hunt with each other :mrgreen:

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Sure couldn't hurt trying something like that.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:26 pm

With these guys this could get ugly. So I'm for it.

Sent from the bush outside your bedroom window.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:37 pm

I think you'd have some guys running a negative score!

I also think you could get people that don't like someone intentionally giving negative points for the other person's legitamate posts, which could encourage people not to post.

I doubt it would do much to discourage some of the nonsense that I think you would like to get rid of. I think it will only encourage people that post a lot of garbage to continue.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:55 pm

shnelson wrote:You might be on to something with hunter reputation - but that would require our members actually get out and hunt

I think you could have stopped right there, lol.

If it doesn't work our though, just disable it. As simple as that

Sent from a phancy fone

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:52 pm

I guess I'm not that technically advanced to want such a feature, especially since it's up to people whom I've never met telling me if my post are useful.

But, heck if everyone else wants to do it then I'm in.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

Return to “Website Help, Questions & Suggestions”