h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: .........

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
Who used profanity 1st? They did. "WTF are you doing here?. Get the F out of here!" That is when I raised my vioce about them not IDing that they were even there.

Were there any threats? No on either side

Did you offer to hunt with each other? No--why on earth would I want to be near a couple of drunken dolts handling firearms?

Trigger wrote: you tried to set up as close to me as my friends were going too, 100 yards, 200 yards, hell call it 300 yards. It was over 200 yds and I was crosswind to you with over 200yds of open water that would funnel the ducks right up the bay to you with that wind direction. I was going to work on the ducks coming along the refuge line of the other side of the cattails.

I would never pull in that close to a group of strangers.... some might even call it unethical. JHC! This is Swan lake we are talking about on opening weekend with 500+ boats. North landing alone often gets 100+ trailers there alone. Then add the other landings and hundreds of cabins with boats. I've had guys literally throw their decoys within 10' of my decoys before with the sun up for 15 minutes. :shock: So 200 yds to the side is very workable in crowded conditions. And on the opener it is basically pass shooting at ducks flying by, not circling a few times like the mallards do in late Oct. And even then it comes down to if another is working a flock, I do not shoot. I and others next to me within 200yds have had greeat hunts on SL years ago while being respectful to each other on flyway paths (where the ducks want to fly). Now that being said--would I hunt that close in a field? No I would not, but that is an entirely different situation than Swan's 3 ringed circus.

And you keep saying they were damn lucky you didn't kill them. Maybe we shouldn't be going full throttle through cattails we cant see through incase theres ohhhhh I don't know...... guys in a boat, sitting in those same cattails? Just saying... Ever have thick cattails and give it gas to get the boat up into the cattails? If I had done that--I'd have ridden right up on top of the skiff. But again - why did did they have the courtesy of having a light on? Why did they not wake up with me motoring and shining a spotlight? Why did they not indicate they were even there for over an hour? When fishing and at anchor on a lake it is a requirement to have a white light on for safety sake--why is it any different for when hunting and waiting for legal set out the decoys time?

BTW Swan lake is a cluster ____ when it comes to the preponderance of idiots. (And why I have not hunted it for years now). Over loaded boats--no lights what so ever, stalled boats in the middle of channels with no illumimation, and those of us obeying the law and doing the right thing ethically with running lights and spot lights are being singled out to "slow down" for the idiots that should drown to cleanse the human gene pool? As Bullet would say - F that.

And a whole side issue to this whole story is this: Why were the 2 dolts in the skiff about to handle guns when they were obviously intoxicated?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:47 am

Interesting read!

I'm not sure why others would complain about a little bickering back and forth about a dust up on public land on a thread about public hunting etiquette. It didn't seem off topic at all to me and was one of the more entertaining reads I've seen on here.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:59 am

Trigger wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:Version 5 by trigger ^^^

There was no indicator that they were there was why I was ticked off. As that was my whole damned point at the time. I had 1M spot light, shined it around for over 10 minutes as I was motoring around with a 25hp motor. There was no light on, no jacket on bog pole, no nothing within 200+ yds of me. I was sitting therewith my overhead light on for over an hr reading the newspaper and having coffee. I heard a couple of times muffled noioses - even said out loud "is there any one there?" Shined the big spotlight down the reed line again - nothing. I am sipping my coffee and guy stands up 4' from the tip of my boat and starts swearing at me. WTF??? Here the 2 idiots were passed out in their skiff. And I'm the bad guy? And for everyone's info, I moved.
Also, if I had motored up into the reeds like I normally do when hunting - I could have
have easily injured/killed them with my much bigger boat. They were damned lucky, plain and simple.

Yet I am made out as the bad guy by Trigger.

I've never denied any of this as being true. I would argue who started yelling first though, and the actual distance.

The main point of the story, and how it involves public land ethics.... is you, the preacher of the impossibility high standard, the guy who wants to have an ethics chapters printed in the regulations, couldn't even hold up your end of the stick... you tried to set up as close to me as my friends were going too, 100 yards, 200 yards, hell call it 300 yards. There were HOURS until shooting time for you to find a spot that was not anywhere near me or anyone else. I would never pull in that close to a group of strangers.... some might even call it unethical. That is the point of me bringing this up. Clearly you have forgotten how close I was to where you pulled in, and that's fine, I wouldn't expect you too.

And you keep saying they were damn lucky you didn't kill them. Maybe we shouldn't be going full throttle through cattails we cant see through incase theres ohhhhh I don't know...... guys in a boat, sitting in those same cattails? Just saying...

this is frickin funny to me how ya'll beef so hard over this.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:50 pm

tyler wrote:
Trigger wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:Version 5 by trigger ^^^

There was no indicator that they were there was why I was ticked off. As that was my whole damned point at the time. I had 1M spot light, shined it around for over 10 minutes as I was motoring around with a 25hp motor. There was no light on, no jacket on bog pole, no nothing within 200+ yds of me. I was sitting therewith my overhead light on for over an hr reading the newspaper and having coffee. I heard a couple of times muffled noioses - even said out loud "is there any one there?" Shined the big spotlight down the reed line again - nothing. I am sipping my coffee and guy stands up 4' from the tip of my boat and starts swearing at me. WTF??? Here the 2 idiots were passed out in their skiff. And I'm the bad guy? And for everyone's info, I moved.
Also, if I had motored up into the reeds like I normally do when hunting - I could have
have easily injured/killed them with my much bigger boat. They were damned lucky, plain and simple.

Yet I am made out as the bad guy by Trigger.

I've never denied any of this as being true. I would argue who started yelling first though, and the actual distance.

The main point of the story, and how it involves public land ethics.... is you, the preacher of the impossibility high standard, the guy who wants to have an ethics chapters printed in the regulations, couldn't even hold up your end of the stick... you tried to set up as close to me as my friends were going too, 100 yards, 200 yards, hell call it 300 yards. There were HOURS until shooting time for you to find a spot that was not anywhere near me or anyone else. I would never pull in that close to a group of strangers.... some might even call it unethical. That is the point of me bringing this up. Clearly you have forgotten how close I was to where you pulled in, and that's fine, I wouldn't expect you too.

And you keep saying they were damn lucky you didn't kill them. Maybe we shouldn't be going full throttle through cattails we cant see through incase theres ohhhhh I don't know...... guys in a boat, sitting in those same cattails? Just saying...

this is frickin funny to me how ya'll beef so hard over this.

Haha me too.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Riiiiight.... and you keep bringing it up over and over for years for what reason?

Good grief, let it go. We all have better things to do with our time.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:15 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Riiiiight.... and you keep bringing it up over and over for years for what reason?

Good grief, let it go. We all have better things to do with our time.

Several reasons... First, it's the funniest thing I have ever seen happen in the duck slough. Second, it involves you which I didn't know at the time and am reminded of it every time an ethics conversation comes up because.... Third, it's a great lesson for kids to understand... No matter how perfect some people expect you to be out in the marsh, even those people preaching it to you or screaming it at you, have probably done something that could be considered unethical recently themselves (maybe even at the exact time they are screaming at you). So just try not to be a dbag, and when you screw up and get called out on it, talk things out like an adult and do your best to rectify the situation. And then find hunting spots that no one else goes to.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Nershi wrote:Trigger, Hammer and Fowler would you mind keeping all your bickering and bitching in a seperate thread. You guys are really bogging this place down and ruining a lot of threads with your childish arguements. When Fowler trolls you two with a bunch of nonsense facts you could just direct him to your bitching thread to get trolled. When Trigger and Hammer insult you Al you could do the same.

I could create a thread for you if you would like. What title do you think would be better? Trigger/Hammer/Fowler Bickering Thread or maybe just keep it simple and name it Troll Thread?

Nersh, please don't troll me. I am not part of this thread and have not posted on it til now.

Trigger thanks for the info, we need this type of stuff,
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:11 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Why were the 2 dolts in the skiff

Can you please refrain from childish name calling? If you want to continue with it, TOS is still up and running for you to troll there.

InTheWind
I came here for the barrel sticker

Fri May 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”