shnelson
Mergie Marauder

22 ammo available at cabelas

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Looks like they've instated an anti neck-beard hoarder policy online, everyone gets a fair chance at 1 box per day:
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... WTz_l=YMAL

They should offer lube with the purchase, but figured i'd post for anyone that needs plinking ammo.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Re: 22 ammo available at cabelas

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Also, I've been seeing 223/5.56 last on shelves that have been bare for the last 18 months or more, for relatively low prices. Walmart has been pretty consistent with this.

Waiting for supply to figure out that demand is no longer there, or unfunded. Should be some pretty good deals coming up this fall.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Old news. The new .22 is 7.62x39 and anything AK...panic buying started this morning with the executive order signed by obummer and the plane just shot down in Ukraine.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:11 pm

tornadochaser wrote:Old news. The new .22 is 7.62x39 and anything AK...panic buying started this morning with the executive order signed by obummer and the plane just shot down in Ukraine.

Is there any group of people as idiotic and hysterical as gun nuts? One, most AK's in this country are knock-offs and not Russian made. Two, most of the 7.62X39 ammo in this country doesn't come from Russia. Yet I'm sure there are plenty of guys that missed work today so they could go store-to-store and stock up on a rounds of crappy ammunition for a crappy gun.

This was from back in March when the worry was Putin stopping the outflow...not Obama stopping the inflow....
Wolf imports ammo from a number of countries including Germany, Taiwan and Serbia — not just Russia. I was informed their corporate planning includes contingencies for events such as what’s currently transpiring in Russia. In short, they assured me that ammo will flow to the U.S. as Russia isn’t the only source of affordable x39 ammo in the world. Wolf isn’t going to close up shop should Putin halt ammo exports, they’ll simply source it elsewhere.

About the only thing that will change is the price, and that’s our own fault. Look at the current state of .22LR ammo. People continue to mindlessly panic buy the popular rimfire cartridge despite the fact manufacturers continue to produce it at the same volume they always have.

Again, we’re our own worst enemy at times.
- See more at: http://www.thebangswitch.com/is-the-x39 ... mFGuW.dpuf
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Some of the good stuff does come from Russia though. And post panic prices were starting to get really good again. Neckbeards will be out in force now.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:24 am

Holy Chit! $9.49 for a box of 50???!!!!!! Woooow....

The 525 bricks for $60 at auctions look cheap at that rate.

BTW, These last few months the auctions prices on 525 bricks are coming down. They were a soild $75-80 this past winter, now in the $50-60 range. Last night at an auction 800 round Winchester bricks went for $90, or about 11 cents a shell.

And yet I still hear guys occasionally getting 525 round bricks for $30 retail.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

Gunbot and accounts set up for the vendors they list...be quick on the draw and you can source .22 for 5 cents a round a few times a week if you want to. Bought my boss 2 bricks of federal from gander for $25 a brick last week and bought myself another 600 rounds of CCI minimags. Been burning up ammo pretty regularly lately since guys are mowing ditches and haying fields right now...

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:06 am

I've been able to score a few boxes at normal cost at a few indoor ranges as well. They'll sell it for use while at the range and are able to keep the cost down that way, guess they still make their margin with the range use fee though.

During these panics I've learned that diversification in calibers is a great thing, while everyone is hoarding one type it usually leaves other unsought ammo in full stock and un-inflated. Granted that ammo is typically more expensive to begin with, but reloading offsets that quite a bit.

hunterjames
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Just picked up a couple boxes at the cabelas in Rogers for 3.99 for 50. A lot cheaper than online.

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:43 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
And yet I still hear guys occasionally getting 525 round bricks for $30 retail.

I stopped at Scheels in Fargo after work to pick up some fishing stuff, (I work in Fargo, don't live there). I walked thru the hunting department on my way out and saw they had 22 525 bricks, I got one for 24.99. They were behind the glass so the sales guy had to get it for me, I asked him how long have you had these, he said he put them on the shelf an hour ago. I asked how long do you think they will last? He said the 6 remaining bricks would probably be gone in an hour, and as we were talking another guy came up and wanted all of them, (limit was 1). I check out the ammo shelves at fleet farm or Scheels whenever I happen to be there, I don't actively go around looking for 22s, this is the first time since November 2012 I've seen bricks on the shelves, right time right place I guess.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”