ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ahhhh whoo?

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:13 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:BTW, many people do not know how much 4 buck lead is still sold in SD. Seriously. And what do you think they are using it for? Tip - it ain't for coyotes.

AL profit over cost..... there are 10 folds more coyote hunters now than 6 years ago.....
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 pm

cheap lead fines in sd?

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:35 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:

BTW, many people do not know how much 4 buck lead is still sold in SD. Seriously. And what do you think they are using it for? Tip - it ain't for coyotes.

God you are so full of sh!t. You must have sales information from fiocchi, hornady, federal, estate, Remington, etc. from various venders like scheels, cowboy country, runnings, ace, Kessler's, cabelas, and other retailers to back up tour claim right?

BTW, you have no idea how many game wardens openly make fun of you when they are looking through forums for violations. Seriously.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:22 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:It twas legal at the time :D And I use lead sinkers too for fishing the last 50 years. :mrgreen:

Heck I even used a 16 ga to get around the steel shot rules in I think it was in '79. Steel back then was plain awful.

Remember steel back in the early 90s is not what it is today as far as performance goes. I got tired of 3 shots to bring down a snow at 60 yds with steel. 4 buck lead did the trick to 80 yds. :D

Frankly it was a PITA to use lead in Canada as I got used to the faster steel down here and was not leading them enough when shooting at ducks close in. So I just used steel for ducks up there after that.

BTW, many people do not know how much 4 buck lead is still sold in SD. Seriously. And what do you think they are using it for? Tip - it ain't for coyotes.

Just because it was legal, doesn't make it right.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:50 pm

^^^ So you would not shoot a doe, even if it is legal, eh? :roll:

tornadochaser wrote: God you are so full of sh!t.

Think what you may. I know what I was told by a person who did have the figures in the ammo industry. He is dead now for 3 years, but he knew his stuff.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:35 am

h2ofwlr wrote:^^^ So you would not shoot a doe, even if it is legal, eh? :roll:

tornadochaser wrote: God you are so full of sh!t.

Think what you may. I know what I was told by a person who did have the figures in the ammo industry. He is dead now for 3 years, but he knew his stuff.

There is nothing wrong with shooting a doe.........

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:51 am

Feel free to read the 2013 SD gfp enforcement report. Its on the website. Tell me if you see any mention of buckshot being used. And how does one "have the figures" when different retailers order from different distributors, web vendors, or larger retailers? Again I'm calling BS. Maybe some farmers were lobbing buck st geese 20 years ago along with some pass shooters on the bluffs in Pierre, but once again, you use antiquated information that cannot be proved yet expect everybody to think you are right.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:53 am

I'm just confused on why they dead guy might not be have full of crap also. Before everything was true on the internet, everything was true in conversation. David Koresh didn't need the internet to think he was Christ and dead managers at Federal didn't need it to make a 4-0 buck shot poke with a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" and guys didn't need the internet to lie about who they shagged.

A lot of things die on farms... let's work down the list: possums, skunks, rabbits, gophers, badgers, foxes, coyotes, raccoons, rats.... I would think the 4-0 buck shot would be a handy load for any SSS activity. Sure, a load or two likely finds a goose, but I have a hard time believing that many shells are sold for goose poaching.

And besides, don't they just use rifles to shoot the geese in the field from the road? I thought that's what we were worried about the last time Dakota goose poaching came up.

Now, Al, I think the stats issue is getting you in a bit of bind as you are taking some small threads of info/experience and turning them to absolutes. And that is the rub coming through. A more plausible line from you would have been, "I knew a (insert title here) from one of the ammo companies that joked a lot of SD geese died from 4-0 lead poisoning...." Give us something that qualifies unquantifiable statements.

lumbertick
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am

[quote="h2ofwlr"]^^^ So you would not shoot a doe, even if it is legal, eh? :roll:

So you would not shoot a hen mallard in a flock of drakes even if it's legal, eh? Also sounds like you were skybusting to me...80yds is a little too far of a poke for me...even with lead. It's funny how someone who preaches ethics the most would like everyone else to be "cleaner" than he. There is a word for that and I can't think of it right now...help me with my vocabulary Lanyard....I think it rhymes with dypocrite. :shock:

lt

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:08 am

^^^^ Balistically 4buck is lethal to 90 yds. It is not sky buting them when you are pass shooting and the geese are falling dead.

As for a hens, lets use deer 5 deer coming trotting by, 1 big buck, one fork and 3 does. which one do you think 99% of the hunters would shoot?

dwendt wrote:There is nothing wrong with shooting a doe.........

My point exactly. Even with lead bullets.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”