Mergie Marauder

Re: Ahhhh whoo?

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am

ha it never ends

lumbertick
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am

Don't muddy the waters Al....is it ethically wrong to you. We're not talking about 99% of the hunters. You shot steel when you knew it was detrimental to wildlife. You lambasted others who have shot at birds that you would consider out of range (aka skybusting) The folks that get labeled as "skybusters" do have some success...that's why they do it. Let's not forget that the premise of your argument is "if it's legal, then it's ok to do it". In that case 90% of those that you have chastised for shooting hens, skybusting, down winding, etc. were not doing anything wrong. All of these activities are legal. You can't have it both ways. I think the magnet on your moral compass isn't as strong as you would like us to believe.

Dang it...still can't think of the word....crypocrite...no that's not it.

lt

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:39 am

Hip

Hiphop

Hiphopapotamouse
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:54 am

h2ofwlr wrote:^^^^ Balistically 4buck is lethal to 90 yds. It is not sky buting them when you are pass shooting and the geese are falling dead.

As for a hens, lets use deer 5 deer coming trotting by, 1 big buck, one fork and 3 does. which one do you think 99% of the hunters would shoot?

dwendt wrote:There is nothing wrong with shooting a doe.........

My point exactly. Even with lead bullets.

What does shooting a doe have to do with you slowing killing waterfowl through poisoning them with your lead shot, and you crippling majestic snow geese with your skybusting?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:58 am

lumbertick wrote:Don't muddy the waters Al....is it ethically wrong to you. We're not talking about 99% of the hunters. You shot steel when you knew it was detrimental to wildlife. You lambasted others who have shot at birds that you would consider out of range (aka skybusting) The folks that get labeled as "skybusters" do have some success...that's why they do it. Let's not forget that the premise of your argument is "if it's legal, then it's ok to do it". In that case 90% of those that you have chastised for shooting hens, skybusting, down winding, etc. were not doing anything wrong. All of these activities are legal. You can't have it both ways. I think the magnet on your moral compass isn't as strong as you would like us to believe.

Dang it...still can't think of the word....crypocrite...no that's not it.

lt

You're getting closer... It starts with an H. Since we got the H down, now I'm trying to figure out what the 2. O. F. O. W. L. E. And R stand for.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm

[quote="h2ofwlr"]^^^ So you would not shoot a doe, even if it is legal, eh? :roll:

you gotta eat your own words..... i put up a picture of my 8 duck limit with them all being females and you got all up set and said just because its legal doesnt make it right........ practice what you preach playa
official sour toe member number 52,814

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Does this h20 clown always post jibberish?

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 am

Here is my definition of sky busting: Shooting beyond the ballistic capabilities of the shot shell/gun AND beyond the shooters ability.

That being said, most guys can not hit consistantly beyond 35 yds.
I have seen old timers in ND drop geese at 70 yds 4 out of 5 shells in the 70s. There is a science and art to doing it. Back in the day (pre WWII) pass shooting was the norm, not hunting over decoys. For example my GPa just pass shot. But also realize that there were a LOT more fowl back then too. He'd set up on a small point and just wait for fowl to fly over in range. Back then their "hot" load was a 12 ga 2.75" with 1 1/8oz of lead 6. Up from the 16 ga 1 oz load.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:59 am

lumbertick wrote: You shot steel when you knew it was detrimental to wildlife.

You are spot on. Those early steel loads simply SUCKED. Many crippled ducks when hit at 30 yds with those piss poor steel shells. But we hunters were FORCED to use steel.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 am

kwackkillncrew wrote:and said just because its legal doesnt make it right........ practice what you preach playa

Do you still do today what you did 20 years ago?

I hope not. Hopefully we all grow and over time change. I know I have. Remember I was brought up that hunting was all about putting food on the table. I do not look at it that way today.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”