Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: I predict....

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:02 am

Trigger wrote:
lanyard wrote:I predict.... I'm drinking Crown at the shack tomorrow night.

That's on my radar too.

Is drinking in the blind illegal?

No, just frowned upon. If you are 'intoxicated' it might be illegal. I have offered a CO a beer. He didn't think it was very funny.

Try to keep the canoe on the trailer lanyard.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:36 am

No trailer, no canoe. Bringing the inflatable. We have a property line skirmish with the DNR.... have to move the shed this weekend. Looks like rain Sunday, so will likely run down the road for a morning shoot Saturday.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:00 am

Well what do I want to shoot. Geese and cans, or redheads, cans and gaddies, or teal-woodies and mallards. Also could sit on bigger water and wait till nine. Scouting this morning made it harder to figure out where to go.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 am

gimpfinger wrote:Well what do I want to shoot. Geese and cans, or redheads, cans and gaddies, or teal-woodies and mallards. Also could sit on bigger water and wait till nine. Scouting this morning made it harder to figure out where to go.

your mom...

Found a bunch of geese this AM in a bean field. Hopefully find something better tonight as hiding in the middle of a bean field isn't easy.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:59 am

[quote="gimpfinger"] redheads, cans and gaddies, quote]

This would be my choice. Three of the most reliable and decoy friendly ducks.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:07 am

I predict I will be fishing for a giant and day dreaming about ducks on Saturday. It kind of felt strange prepping the musky gear instead of the duck gear last night. This will be the first time I have gone fishing instead of hunting during waterfowl season, hopefully it pays off big.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Nershi wrote:I predict I will be fishing for a giant and day dreaming about ducks on Saturday. It kind of felt strange prepping the musky gear instead of the duck gear last night. This will be the first time I have gone fishing instead of hunting during waterfowl season, hopefully it pays off big.

I normally do pretty well musky hunting this time of year. Last weekend being the exception. At least the birds wanted to die each morning.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

deet
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:11 pm

I'll be shooting in the morning and casting the rest of the day. I love fall.

This weekend last year I got a 47.5" Friday night, duck hunted Saturday morning (which actually sucked), then put 4 muskies in the boat Saturday afternoon from 40 to 45".

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Also I bet many guys in the South zone will duck hunt the early morning and then go Pheasant hunting in the PM. Or guys in the NE 1/2 of MN go grouse hunting in the PM. A perfect day for it the way it is shaping up.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:02 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Also I bet many guys in the South zone will duck hunt the early morning and then go Pheasant hunting in the PM. Or guys in the NE 1/2 of MN go grouse hunting in the PM. A perfect day for it the way it is shaping up.

Way to go out on a limb with your predictions.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”