maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: would you move to texas

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:27 am

There's jobs all over for petroleum...I'd head to ND or Montana if you could find a job there

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:27 am

Kind of surprised no one said seriously look at Anchorage. Good hunting and fishing there. But if you got stuck on the north slope, that'd blow in the winter.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:46 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:There's jobs all over for petroleum...I'd head to ND or Montana if you could find a job there

Agreed. Montana specifically.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:18 pm

If you plan on hunting any split tail I would forget Montana, Nodak, or Alaska.........

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Theres split tail there just be careful of the motives. Buddy supposedly knocked one up out in Williston...had him going for months it was his kid. Well she was sleeping with every guy in town trying to get pregnant to cash in on child support. Ended up not being his kid.

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Nershi wrote:If you like mn you are not going to like Houston IMO. Hunting on the gulf is awesome though. I might go there this winter.

I agree. I spent 4 years in my younger days in Louisiana. The main office was in Houston. I hated that place but if you are going to go into the petro chemical field that is a good place to start. That place is wall to wall refineries. Houston is very sprawled out. From May til Oct the heat and humidity is relentless. Very little public land to hunt compared to MN or Dakotas. Private is expensive. As bad as LA was I would take it any day over TX.

But having said that, it is not a bad place to start if you can get the education and are willing to relocate. Wouldn't be a bad price to pay to get a good paying job in a place like ND, WY,MT, AK a few years down the road.

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:04 am

Stute Slap wrote:If you plan on hunting any split tail I would forget Montana, Nodak, or Alaska.........

What do you know about hunting anything, let alone the poon?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”