h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Politics - 3rd party is being screwed in MN

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:30 pm

So much for the fair treatment of the candidates for Gov. :twisted:

Independent candidate has not been invited to the Gov debates twice now even though the Mn Indepentent party meets the criteria for national election funding standard as a major party.

Hannah Nicollet, IP candidate, was excluded from the gubernatorial debate in Duluth from 1.5 weeks ago http://bringmethenews.com/2014/10/12/ni ... al-debate/

From earlier this week after Nicollet was again excluded from the TC area debate http://www.mnip.org/news/independence-p ... university

This is how the 2 major parties retain their iron fist control, by blocking others from exposure and consideration by the voters. The 2 parties are the fricking extreme left and extreme right and us centrists/moderates are screwed!

Why can't we here in the so called political "progressive" atmoshere of MN embrace serious 3rd party contenders?

Meanwhile in Vermont there is the other extreme where every nut and flake is on the Gov debate panel. http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/10/22/fu ... ever-stage
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Politics - 3rd party is being screwed in MN

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:07 pm

There's no such thing as a third party in this country any more and I doubt there will be again.

What is truly astonishing is how shitty the candidates are that the Republicans put up. I mean you're going up against guys like Franken and Dayton and you can't even make the Dems have to sweat a little?

I'm an independent voter so don't view what I said as anything other than an objective, non-partisan take...right or left. With no strong incumbents on the ticket I figured the Republicans would have a chance and if nothing else, make for an entertaining election. This might be the most boring mid-term ever.

I think for the first time ever I'm not going to vote. It feels like it'd be a total waste of my time.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Vote for my man John Denney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 pm

mn politics is a perennial joke

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 am

Did you view the Vermont debate clip? That sets a new standard for a "joke"

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

ha I just watched it

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Any gains the Republicans gain in this mid-term will be due to dissatisfaction with Dems, not due to any ideological agreement with the Repubs. They'll not have learned their lesson from the last 3 cycles, will blow into office with a "mandate from the people", then get their asses trounced in '16 and lose any hope at a presidency.

The joke is politics. The candidates are selected for their party antics and ability to comprise free thought to be "the voice of the people..." or other such BS~ that's both sides.

When a system is failing the first to be rejected and/or jump ship will be the independent thinkers. Failing systems require co-dependent symbiosis to keep the "we're strong and healthy...." lie alive. Leaders take you into war, losers tell you everything is fine as the building burns behind them.

The building is burning.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:13 am

And the only way to combat the 2 extremists parties is a middle of the road centrist viable 3rd party.

As for the Sen race, talk about a couple of clowns. :roll:

The one thing that Dayton has going for him from the sportsman view of things is that he gone to bat for the outdoors when it counted. Including keeping the most liberal dingbats (Kahn) at bay when she wanted to raid the legacy $. And he has been a pheasant hunter for many years. So he gets us and the value of conservation for our outdoors. That's a lot more than many past Gov's the last 40 years can say.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:38 am

lanyard wrote:Any gains the Republicans gain in this mid-term will be due to dissatisfaction with Dems, not due to any ideological agreement with the Repubs. They'll not have learned their lesson from the last 3 cycles, will blow into office with a "mandate from the people", then get their asses trounced in '16 and lose any hope at a presidency.

The joke is politics. The candidates are selected for their party antics and ability to comprise free thought to be "the voice of the people..." or other such BS~ that's both sides.

When a system is failing the first to be rejected and/or jump ship will be the independent thinkers. Failing systems require co-dependent symbiosis to keep the "we're strong and healthy...." lie alive. Leaders take you into war, losers tell you everything is fine as the building burns behind them.

The building is burning.

I cannot stand big government liberals but I have become so disgusted with the republicans I can no longer vote for them. I will more then likely vote indepented or libertarian.

FYI Anywhere I go on my travels outstate people just laugh and say how in the world can you people in Minnesota elect the clowns you do. All I can say is I think most of the state hit their heads on a rock as kids. I just dont get it.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:38 am

Our idiots aren't any more idiotic than theirs. Ventura and Franken brought name recognition and public persona with them so people know the names, etc. Bachmann became the Belle of the Tea Party Ball, but that wave has crested so her and Palin are scrambling to remain relevant, if they even have a shard of relevancy remaining.

We also have this knack for electing peeps that aren't career politicians, nor are their families generally politicos, so that stands out a bit on the national front as other areas of the country have longer, deeper, entrenched political histories.

Additionally, contrary to stereotypes, MN is actually pretty diverse due to it's liberal ways. This causes our conservatives to generally lean centrist and our democrats to lean leftist. Trent Lott could never get elected here because there aren't enough Good 'Ol boys to get 'er done.

And you can't really make fun of the "only state to give Mondale a win..." in Regain/Mondale.... he was a homer, and nothing Minnesotans love more than a good, humble, public servant.

I don't know that I like the Jeff Johnson candidate, nor the Independent either, but if there is 4 more years of Governor Mumbles I will rip the radio out of the car and chuck the T.V. into the pond.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”