Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:13 am

http://www.kare11.com/story/weather/wea ... /19467119/

"What do you say to those kids who helped you out?"

"I said you could be a little bit quicker!"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2 fishermen fell through ice Long Lake

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:14 am

We assisted in an ice rescue on Red Lake over the weekend. Scary stuff but the two young men made it out alive.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:38 am

Apparently the people that write Kare 11 news don't really get that "Long Lake" in MN doesn't do much for geo-locating.....

Nershi~ how was the fishing? Hit the goldies yet?

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 am

Well they did mention Hennepin Cty Sheriffs, so ... as this Long Lake in the report is also a city and a lake that's just west of Wayzata.

Considering the 4" of snow that I had all melted Sat and Sun, you have to expect that at least an inch of ice melted too and the water is warm (35 or so) underneath of the ice, so not a good formula to be out on the ice in S MN yesterday. But should be good ice by Friday - highs in the teens for Turkey day.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:35 pm

lanyard wrote:
Nershi~ how was the fishing? Hit the goldies yet?

Fishing was okay. Almost all the fish we marked ate, just not tons around. We got a 4 man limit of 16-19 inch fish but it took longer than expected.

I missed most of the Goldies this year. Most of them moved through when I was out west shooting mallards in the corn. Usually I would have huntable numbers around in to Mid-December. There are still a few around but not enough worth chasing. I am sure some of my spots in Wisconsin have lots of birds yet but I couldn't find anyone who is crazy enough to go chase em with me. I didn't think it was wise to hunt this late alone so sadly I am done for the year.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:39 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Well they did mention Hennepin Cty Sheriffs, so ... as this Long Lake in the report is also a city and a lake that's just west of Wayzata.

Considering the 4" of snow that I had all melted Sat and Sun, you have to expect that at least an inch of ice melted too and the water is warm (35 or so) underneath of the ice, so not a good formula to be out on the ice in S MN yesterday. But should be good ice by Friday - highs in the teens for Turkey day.

H2O "Ice Master" Fowler
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Well they did mention Hennepin Cty Sheriffs, so ... as this Long Lake in the report is also a city and a lake that's just west of Wayzata.

Yes, Long Lake... known for it's awesome high school athl... home of well known compan..... birthplace of great peop...

It's a stop light on Hwy 12 that annoys people in the shadow of Wayzata, M'tonka, and Oronno... and doesn't the bypass go around/under it now?

The damn city actually got smaller between the 2000 and 2010 census: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Lake,_Minnesota

I guess it is the boyhood home to an NBA Super Star called John Leuer, who seems to provide some key utility as a 6' 10" shooting forward.....

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Trigger wrote:

H2O "Ice Master" Fowler

No kidding!

An inch of ice melting this past weekend??? 35 degree water right under the ice???

Two of the most preposterously-retarded things I've read in a while. Where does he come up with this stuff!?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:16 pm

ImageImageImage

Red lake massacre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deet
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:16 am

Fish Felon wrote:
Trigger wrote:

H2O "Ice Master" Fowler

No kidding!

An inch of ice melting this past weekend??? 35 degree water right under the ice???

Two of the most preposterously-retarded things I've read in a while. Where does he come up with this stuff!?

Actually there is 35 degree water under the ice (and there will be, all winter), just not where fwlr thinks. The snow melt and ice melt relation is pretty dumb.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”