Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: Foiles

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 am

get-n-birdy wrote:There should be a level of measurement for douche baggery.

Is Follies a 10 and Phil a 7?

Personally they kind of bore me. If they want to make a really entertaining show, create one with tips on poaching and actual video clips. Have anonymous participants, who's voices are changed and their eyes are blurred out. With chase scenes, booze, drugs, closing down bars, strippers, real hillbillies, sirens, parked geese with bands, ditch dumping, record skewing tips, ways to get away with baiting, how to unplug and replug guns in the field, how to put lead in shot and not get caught by mr green jeans, how to bribe co's, etc.

For some reason I just remembered a few years back in Rochester there were some Hmongs or Mexicans (can't remember which) that had a hole cut in the bottom of a van. They would park the van in a parking lot by a part with a bunch of geese in it and put corn under the van and then snatch them up thru the hole!!!

Ha ha for some reason that really cracks me up.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:46 am

Stute Slap wrote:
For some reason I just remembered a few years back in Rochester there were some Hmongs or Mexicans (can't remember which) that had a hole cut in the bottom of a van. They would park the van in a parking lot by a part with a bunch of geese in it and put corn under the van and then snatch them up thru the hole!!!

Haha wow.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 am

Stute Slap wrote:For some reason I just remembered a few years back in Rochester there were some Hmongs or Mexicans (can't remember which) that had a hole cut in the bottom of a van. They would park the van in a parking lot by a part with a bunch of geese in it and put corn under the van and then snatch them up thru the hole!!!

Could you imagine making a show out of that kind of crazy crap?

That be pure entertainment watching a van full of Hmong's grabbing geese up through a hole like ice fishing.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:17 am

As long as they're licensed and in season, t'ain't poaching :-)

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:18 am

That sounds like a fowler story to me. How big of a lift kit did this van have?

The h mongs probably had no clue they could sell the metal rings on their feet for good money on Ebay.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 am

They throw the banded ones back. The aluminum taints the flavor of their goose leg soup.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Years ago, my brother-in-law told me stories of poachers in Rochester that used fly rods, with small hooks baited with corn, to cast for the geese. Once the goose had the corn in their mouth/throat, the hook would be set and the goose reeled in.

Another story was baiting the geese with a trail of corn into an open garage door. Once inside, the door would be shut and the Louisville sluggers would appear to hit homeruns.

He swears that these were true stories; if not they sure are entertaining.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Nershi wrote:That sounds like a fowler story to me. How big of a lift kit did this van have?

The h mongs probably had no clue they could sell the metal rings on their feet for good money on Ebay.

Yeah who knows, I might have made that story up drunk some night and now believe it as the truth.

Maybe they just grabbed them from the side door, i can't remember. We can all agree those little guys are quick and sneaky.

Your last name wouldn't be Vang, would it? :oops:

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Speaking of bands.....Foiles has a lanyard full of them in that picture. I thought his lanyard with bands all got jacked at Gamefair?
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:Speaking of bands.....Foiles has a lanyard full of them in that picture. I thought his lanyard with bands all got jacked at Gamefair?

His new jewelry is from his "special friends" in prison.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”