10%
Who cares!
13%

Total votes: 30
wildwings
Coot Commander

Re: Discussion around Ads on this site

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 pm

I think a simple banner is nice as long as we don't put sponsors on a pedestals. Pop ups are cruel and unusual punishment !

Mutha
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Adds yes,,Pop ups NO....

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Banners are fine. Even a mid thread banner. No side ads please as I don't like tapatalk and it causes accidental hits when using full site on mobile devices. I agree make some money. Spenser gets a sticky for a prize giveaway. Unless backwater mudmotors wants to give away a 35 hp then they should get a banner, and maybe a sticky, but only if I win.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:53 pm

I would rather give you the $$ in a donation or something than see adds, But as many have stated banner over popup is the way to go if it needs to be done to better the site!!!!!!
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:No pop ups its annoying, other stuff is fine. Sometimes you actually see something that peaks your interest. I think its great that in 1.5 weeks time you are being approached by sponsors, and obviously if it continues growing there are going to be more costs associated with running the site. You should not be digging into your pockets to run the site if there are sponsors willing to pay.

Well said maple lake. Personally I have no problem with ads. A necessary evil to cover costs
of the website.

Shawn,
I don't think any of us expect you to continue to absorb all the costs of maintaining this website.
A few ads ain't gonna be the end of the world.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:05 am

I don't think it would be the end of the world, cover costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”