Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Ice auger

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Anyone have any insight on Eskimo Mako, Shark, or HC-40 augers? Looking at picking one up this week. Thanks.
Craigslist Prostaff

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Ice auger

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:45 am

I've had good luck w Eskimos. Got the HC40 this year & love it. Haven't used the 10" auger from my 20year old Eskimo yet, but I think it'll be fine. Had they not come out with the propane I was going to buy a shark. My brother has the 8" mako & it's been good to him.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ice auger

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 am

I have the Mako Shark 43cc and it rips. I've had it about 6-7 years and I drill 1000+ holes a year. The only issue I have had was when I forgot to empty the gas at the end of the year. Drain the gas out at the end of the year and pull it until it won't even fire and it should treat you well.

My buddy has the smaller eskimo (not sure which one) and it runs well but it feels a little whimpy for my liking.

If you buy a gas you should consider running amsoil sabrepro out of it. It helps prevent buildup and you can mix it on the light side.

The propane are very nice and cut faster than gas. The only drawback is the small propane tanks can freeze if it is really cold and they are a bit more heavy than gas.

Whatever you do, don't buy a Strike Master.

Bustin Lips
Coot Commander

Re: Ice auger

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Made in China! That should be enough to persuade you to buy a different brand.
Kids are like farts, the only ones you can stand are your own!

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”