Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Follow up question to 4 wheeler riders

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 pm

This weekend I see some dudes riding four wheelers on a river which as we discussed earlier means they are most likely gay.

I was thinking about it I had a couple questions. Now obviously I could just contact the DNR but instead will ask here in hopes it will start an argument. Also I have a strict personal policy about talking to LEO's of any kind.

They were parked and accessed the river at a well known parking lot and canoe access on the south side of mankato. At the access there is a sign on the bank that says "no motorized vehicles beyond this point" ( which they apparently ignored). As the river is often dry enough to expose the river bed. Of course they had to "shred" and rip the shit out of the parking lot doing really weak/slow motion donuts for what must have been hours on end.

Also it looked like they would get a running start from the river and go up the bank and "jump". ha ha kinda cute to imagine guys on utility four wheelers catching 6-8" of air and high fiving and such.

So my question is would that be illegal?

I know it summer it's illegal to drive on exposed river or lake bottoms but what about in winter? Legal to drive on river ice? What about snowmobiles? Maybe it is legal to drive on exposed river bottoms in summer?

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: Follow up question to 4 wheeler riders

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Most likely all illegal...

For certain all gay.

Did you call TIP??? If not, you're part of the problem.
Dominate The Skies.

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:18 pm

I don't know if its legal or not. If I was in your shoes I'd have to decide if what happened had any real effect on the either the use of the landing for you or others or the habitat on the river. If it caused no real harm I'd write it off as just wanna be rednecks being wanna be rednecks. If any real harm was done to the access or the river ( I doubt it ) then next time I saw a co I'd say check out what happened at the location, if I had any further info such as names, license plate # ect I wouldn't share them. I really doubt a couple yahoos on 4 wheelers could derogate the mn river anymore than it already is.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Stute Slap wrote:I have a strict personal policy about talking to LEO's of any kind.

That's a good rule to live by but there are exceptions to every rule. Case in point, I called in a group of duck hunters once....

It was opening day and they were hunting a NWR. They had literally driven onto the refuge right past a giant "Welcome to -------- National Wildlife Refuge" sign that was about 8' tall by 12' wide. This was off the main road that had your regular metal posters every 100 yards with the extra no motorized vehicles/trespassing white ones underneath. I heard them shooting as I was driving. Their truck was parked about a half mile onto the refuge and I thought about going out there and giving them a heads-up as to what they were doing since they had to be some dumb kids or opening day idiots because no one would be that blatant.

Not wanting to risk going out there and getting busted myself for being on the refuge in the very likely event someone else drove by, I was about to say screw it and just leave but then I glassed their truck. It was far enough out that I couldn't read the plate but I could read the giant Zink decal on the back of their topper and see that it was plastered with other waterfowl decals.

I thought, "phuck these WDBs" and called their asses in. I felt a little bad about it later but if it weren't for all those gay ass stickers I never would have ever considered calling them in.

These guys on the wheelers were just as bad as WDB's and if anything worse, possibly much worse. I'm not going to fault you for not calling them in but in my opinion you should have.

Anyone willing to do something that flamingly homosexual in public with no remorse should be called in every time if they are crossing any legal boundary. What if you would have witnessed them holding hands or making out in the parking lot (which surely must have happened)? That shit is legal....you can't call them in for that unfortunately....it's the society we live in.....might as well at least call them in on the other stuff.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:43 am

The more important questions surrounding this topic are how much meth were you able to score in Mankato and did you get to scrap with any ex college football players outside of Blue Bricks at bar close? I usually try to find the punter or kicker to pick a fight with, but then again I'm kind of a pansy.

As far as the ATVs, not sure it's much different than a snowmobile this time of year. As long as they were driving up/down river to get drunk at a bar, I'm good with it.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 am

HnkrCrash wrote:The more important questions surrounding this topic are how much meth were you able to score in Mankato and did you get to scrap with any ex college football players outside of Blue Bricks at bar close? I usually try to find the punter or kicker to pick a fight with, but then again I'm kind of a pansy.

As far as the ATVs, not sure it's much different than a snowmobile this time of year. As long as they were driving up/down river to get drunk at a bar, I'm good with it.

I can't imagine how hammered I would have to get to make riding a 4-wheeler fun. Or how high.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 am

We need trails so dudes can ride their tractors and skid steers around for fun, singing along to rocket man on their ipuds.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:06 am

^^^^^
It's not about being fun, it's strictly about utilitarian purposes and sitting on my ass doing nothing is generally a good time. Whether up north in the woods or down south in pig farm/meth country, I'd rather drive my ATV from bar to bar versus walking. Getting wasted on a random Tuesday morning doesn't include getting in my cardio for the month. The nice thing about ATVs (or tractors or bobcats) is I'm not required to display whiskey plates which tip off the 5-0 to my current or impending drunk.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:42 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:^^^^^
It's not about being fun, it's strictly about utilitarian purposes and sitting on my ass doing nothing is generally a good time. Whether up north in the woods or down south in pig farm/meth country, I'd rather drive my ATV from bar to bar versus walking. Getting wasted on a random Tuesday morning doesn't include getting in my cardio for the month. The nice thing about ATVs (or tractors or bobcats) is I'm not required to display whiskey plates which tip off the 5-0 to my current or impending drunk.

Lol... Hands down the best arguement in defense of riding ATV's for recreational purposes.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:19 pm

That's not recreational. I agree with HnkrCrash, that would be a utilitarian use. The 4-wheeler is definetely serving a distinct and necessary purpose.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”