Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: Buffer Strips---WTF

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
Nershi wrote:Slute slap, you mad bro?

I was down in farm country over the weekend. On the way home I saw three different farmers burning trash. Nice big clouds of black smoke and farmer joe siting next to it piling on trash. I guess garbage service isn't subsidized eh?

You should see when they knock a grove down and all the local farmers throw all their old tires in the middle of the burn pile.

Team Power Dump

Burning tires is just plain fun, can't fault them for that.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 pm

gimpfinger wrote:Try to drink beverages and look for chit without UFC to eat with real sugar but that's hard to do because they don't give many options with it, 75% of the meat I eat is wild, car gets 27 mpg highway and I buy non ethyl, don't care what my grass looks like, don't golf, ride a bike or walk to a lot of places, my garbage consists of mostly organic material (food), everything is recyclable these days. Organic foods are good if you can find it.

Would like to add that I pick up fishing line and garbage everyone else leaves on shore, I rake my leaves in the fall and don't blow my grass clippings into the street so they don't wash into the river and raise phosphorus levels.

Team Power Dump

OK fine - you have the right to bitch.

One thing that does piss me off is all the garbage on shore. I have been picking it up too, wtf is wrong with people. If I had to guess it's farmers doing that as well.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm

You need to get out more cause erryone burns their trash out in the countryside.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:49 pm

gimpfinger wrote:You need to get out more cause erryone burns their trash out in the countryside.

Team Power Dump

Or just buries it.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:53 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:You need to get out more cause erryone burns their trash out in the countryside.

Team Power Dump

Or just buries it.

Yup and no rubber bladder to keep it from seeping into the ground water.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Burning tires is all fun and games until enough Keystone Lights are consumed to encourage the genius decision of throwing some old tractor tires on the pile. There's nothing quite like that 6am wake-up after passing out in your lawn chair and looking around to see everyone and everything covered in thick black ash. It's only seems like a bad idea until the next Summer when it happens again.

On that note, never met a farmer who didn't have his own person garbage dump tucked away somewhere in the back forty or half burned/buried in the pasture.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Team Power Dump

Not everyone, but a lot of us. I used to until I burned a bag that had an almost empty bottle of Pam spray in it (did a bad job of sorting my trash), when it exploded there was flaming garbage everywhere within 20 feet of my burn barrel, I was lucky enough to put out the lawn fire before it got to my house or woods. After that I found out it only costs 20$ for a truckload of garbage at the dump. And in my experience honkncrash is right, all my farmer neighbors have there own garbage pit, burn the small stuff, bury the big stuff........except tires, those are great for hanging on posts and spray painting "no hunting", or for weighing down tarps.....and breeding mosquitoes......

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:19 am

Stute Slap wrote:Also I hate all subsidies. I hate farming subsidies. I bet you are a subsidy leech yourself. Mortgage interest deduction, claiming deduction for children on taxes, etc. I'm sure you are entitled to your subsidies though, just like Joe farmer is to his. :)

Actually I do not believe I have ever received a subsidy. I don't own a home or have kids. I claim 0 on my taxes and receive the minimum return each year. I suppose in the next year or two when I buy a house I will receive some subsidies. I'll take them without feeling guilty because for the last 15 years I have been helping to pay the subsidies for our farmers or for all the poor people who pop out an extra kid just so Uncle Sam will give them more assistance. I know I have paid in more than I will receive and a lot of farmers probably couldn't say the same.

Drain wetlands, burn and mow every last tree and blade of grass, and burn or bury trash and tires. Those farmers sure are stewards of the land and environment alright.

And I would eat just fine without large scale farmers and if it were up to me there wouldn't be another kernel of corn turned in to chitty fuel. So don't give me the BS line about farmers providing my lifestyle.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:13 am

Nershi wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:Also I hate all subsidies. I hate farming subsidies. I bet you are a subsidy leech yourself. Mortgage interest deduction, claiming deduction for children on taxes, etc. I'm sure you are entitled to your subsidies though, just like Joe farmer is to his. :)

Actually I do not believe I have ever received a subsidy. I don't own a home or have kids. I claim 0 on my taxes and receive the minimum return each year. I suppose in the next year or two when I buy a house I will receive some subsidies. I'll take them without feeling guilty because for the last 15 years I have been helping to pay the subsidies for our farmers or for all the poor people who pop out an extra kid just so Uncle Sam will give them more assistance. I know I have paid in more than I will receive and a lot of farmers probably couldn't say the same.

Drain wetlands, burn and mow every last tree and blade of grass, and burn or bury trash and tires. Those farmers sure are stewards of the land and environment alright.

And I would eat just fine without large scale farmers and if it were up to me there wouldn't be another kernel of corn turned in to chitty fuel. So don't give me the BS line about farmers providing my lifestyle.

Nershi - you mad, bro?

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Haha I knew that was comin. Nah bra, I ain't mad.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”