h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Dumb. dumber, & dumbest

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:54 am

Evidently, no lights and going fast, no life jackets on, and you take a 4MO out on the river at night? It's miracle the event did not end very tragically.

Six thrown from sinking boat on Minnesota River, baby in the hospital

June 13, 2015 By Adam Uren, BMTN

A 4-month-old child has been taken to the hospital after a boat carrying six people capsized on the Minnesota River overnight.

KSTP reports that the 16-foot boat struck a partially submerged tree on the river north of Mankato at around just before midnight Friday, with police being called 45 minutes later.

Six people – four adults and two children aged 5 and 4 months – were thrown into the water as the boat sank, with the youngest child later requiring medical assistance.

According to KARE 11, the parties were separated after they fell into the water and before they could reach the shore.

The TV station said that none of the occupants were believed to be wearing life jackets at the time.

The Star Tribune reports that the baby was taken to a hospital in Mankato. No one else needed to be treated for any injuries, the newspaper noted.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: Dumb. dumber, & dumbest

Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:48 am

Dumb doesn't even begin to describe these idiots. Maybe this experience of almost becoming fish chum will open their eyes.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:20 am

^^^Probably not

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:34 pm

That's the worst stretch of river I have ever navigated. It's more like a forest with trees than a river with a few logs

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Let a grab our e-pitch forks and shame these people with our faux anger!!! Shame shame shame shame shame......
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Baby thrown from boat out of hospital, charges against adults may follow

June 17, 2015 By Adam Uren, BMTN

Investigators are considering charges after a 4-month-old child was thrown from a sinking boat on the Minnesota River.

Six people – including the baby and a 5-year-old child – were thrown into the river when the 16-foot boat capsized north of Mankato after hitting a partially-submerged tree just before midnight Friday.

The baby required hospital treatment afterward, with the Mankato Free Press now reporting that the child has since been released.

No one else on the watercraft was injured.

Now, sheriff’s officials and the county attorneys are investigating to see whether charges can be brought against any of the four adults on the boat.

According to FOX 9, this is because none of the six people aboard were wearing life jackets when it sank, and according to Minnesota law, any children under the age of 10 must wear a life jacket on moving watercraft at all times.

KEYC reports that the infant was strapped into a safety seat while on the boat, but DNR Enforcement Officer Capt. Cory Palmer said this is no substitute for a life jacket.

“It might be well intended (other flotation devices) but it’s not appropriate,” he told the TV station. “A life jacket has to be worn and it has to be certified by the US coast guard.”

“There is no reason you can’t go out [on the river],” he added. “Just know there are extra hazards extra precautions you’re going to want to take if you’re out at night whether you’re on a river or on a lake just because of the extra dangers of night fall.”
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”