maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Any other ATV snow plowers on here? FUN! not work

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 am

Other thing for scraping with an ATV blade...if you get the shoes set just right, when you hit the throttle the front of the machine raises up and changes how the cutting edge contacts the pavement. I have mine set up perfect where if I give it a little throttle it digs right under the packed snow. I have to problem driving into my garage and then scraping up the tire tracks with the ATV.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:53 am

No synthetic oil but I bought a lithium ion atv battery last Summer...they are not affected by cold temps nearly as much as regular batteries and hold a charge better supposedly. I don't have a ton to go off of yet but it fired right up this morning. Expensive though, think I paid like $250 for it. Much lighter and smaller in size than a regular battery as well.

Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:45 am

I'll have to check with my snow remover, and see what she prefers to use...

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:03 am

Anybody plow a drive way out in the country? Mine is about 50 yds long with a right turn towards the garage. Would a 4 wheeler be too small for that big of a job? Right now I have my landlord or neighbor come over with a tractor and blower. But I hate asking for stuff and I think if I could do it myself it would be cheaper.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:23 am

I plow my moms drive way with the wheeler...300 ft long with 7 garage stalls...its a big area. No problem!

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:34 am

Run two 4 wheelers with plows. It's a lot more fun than most other forms of plowing. They can't push as big of a pile as a truck or get the piles as high as a tractor or skid steer. But they are fun, maneuverable and very effective in most applications. Gives you one more reason for sales pitching getting another one to the other half.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 am

I prefer to use a snowblower. I like the nice clean lines that it makes on the driveway edges.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:42 am

lanyard wrote:
A neighbor uses as blade on his John Deere to push the snow to the perimeter of the drive way, then makes one loop around with the snow blower. He uses chains.

I've never used chains on the ATV.

I was thinking of picking up a blade for my lawnmower to do this.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Bill Gilbertson wrote:Thanks LabGuy for the insight. How does a smaller/midsize skid steer compare to a 4 wheeler for snow removal?

Skid steers work awesome.
Conservation:Hunt with a trained retriever.

www.threeriversretrievers.com

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Skid steers are more functional year around if you've got a place to use them. For me the ATV is yard, ice fishing, plowing, hunting shack. I can get a skid steer when I need one for moving dirt, but that doesn't happen too often.

Sub on commercial jobs would be the way to go if you wanted to contract, or maybe friends/family/neighbors, but figure if you're getting $20-$30 a driveway, truck plow is much more efficient.

Since Hammer is independently wealthy, he might be able to manage plowing other's when it snows. If you have any sort of 8-5 gig, most people don't pay to wait for you to do your driveway, go to work, watch the kids hockey game, then pay you to come over.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”