Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Landwehr's Reason for No Teal Season

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:46 am

Fish Felon wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:Hell I can eat six bwt in one sitting.

I was confused by that too. Is he talking about 5-6 for the season or daily?

Why would he mention that 6 is on the top of the spectrum and most hunters are satisfied with 5-6 but many think 6 is too much? What does he even mean?
Tom Lanwehr DNR Commissioner wrote:limits need to reflect sustainable harvest, but also – I believe – ethical sportsmanship, allowing for a bag that can be completely used by the hunter and their family. I think 6 ducks is on the top end of that spectrum, and past surveys have shown that most duck hunters are satisfied with 5-6 ducks. Many think 6 is too much.

I had that same question as I was writing my response to him. I'm assuming he's talking about daily limits (but why he is even bringing up limits to begin with is beyond me, I never mentioned limits on my original email, this is all his own rant about me being a game hog because I'm in favor of an early teal season), atleast that's what I went with. And told him he must have a small family, hate the taste of duck, or be terrible at cooking them if he can't use 6 bluewings. I then reminded him of the newest invention on the market.... the freezer.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:08 am

Trigger wrote:I then reminded him of the newest invention on the market.... the freezer.

Never heard of it.

What I typically do during hunting season is shoot our possession limit as fast as possible, have them nicely cleaned and prepared, and then inevitably watch almost all of them rot on my porch before we can eat them.

Happens all throughout hunting season. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Can't imagine how many more I'd waste with a teal season.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:00 am

It's much more efficient if you don't even bother cleaning them.
Dominate The Skies.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Landwehr's Reason for No Teal Season

Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:10 am

Trigger wrote:[quote="Fish Felon"][quote="gimpfinger"]Hell I can eat six bwt in one sitting.

I was confused by that too. Is he talking about 5-6 for the season or daily?

Why would he mention that 6 is on the top of the spectrum and most hunters are satisfied with 5-6 but many think 6 is too much? What does he even mean?
[quote="Tom Lanwehr DNR Commissioner"]limits need to reflect sustainable harvest, but also – I believe – ethical sportsmanship, allowing for a bag that can be completely used by the hunter and their family. I think 6 ducks is on the top end of that spectrum, and past surveys have shown that most duck hunters are satisfied with 5-6 ducks. Many think 6 is too much.[/quote][/quote]
I had that same question as I was writing my response to him. I'm assuming he's talking about daily limits (but why he is even bringing up limits to begin with is beyond me, I never mentioned limits on my original email, this is all his own rant about me being a game hog because I'm in favor of an early teal season), atleast that's what I went with. And told him he must have a small family, hate the taste of duck, or be terrible at cooking them if he can't use 6 bluewings. I then reminded him of the newest invention on the market.... the freezer.[/quote]
Landwehr clearly thinks you should be greatful to him since he allows you the privilege of hunting in his state. He sees it as his state and he doesn't even know if there is a habitat problem. But he is going to help fix mille lacs. Good lord
gimpfinger wrote:[quote="Fish Felon"][quote="Tom Landwerh DNR Commissioner"]Bag limits need to reflect sustainable harvest, but also – I believe – ethical sportsmanship, allowing for a bag that can be completely used by the hunter and their family.

He must have some great wolf recipes.

No way would a guy with that mentality push through a wolf season if he thought any hunter and their family wouldn't be completely using a wolf by throwing the meat away and just keeping the the pelt. That would be despicable.[/quote]
Guess he's never heard or a freezer either.

Hell I can eat six bwt in one sitting.

Team Power Dump[/quote]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:40 am

So the guys I know who go to Canada for a few weeks out of the year and shoot hundreds of birds and eat them or donate them to charity must be unethical according to Landwher.

I shot a little over 100 birds a couple years ago and I ate every one of them. At times I was eating duck as I was making posts on here. :lol: I am sure there are guys who shoot more than that every season on this forum. We must be unethical and greedy in Landwher's eyes. I would like to know how many ducks he thinks a hunter can shoot and eat in a season and still be ethical.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Landwehr's Reason for No Teal Season

Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 am

Nershi wrote:So the guys I know who go to Canada for a few weeks out of the year and shoot hundreds of birds and eat them or donate them to charity must be unethical according to Landwher.

I shot a little over 100 birds a couple years ago and I ate every one of them. At times I was eating duck as I was making posts on here. :lol: I am sure there are guys who shoot more than that every season on this forum. We must be unethical and greedy in Landwher's eyes. I would like to know how many ducks he thinks a hunter can shoot and eat in a season and still be ethical.

How dare you. We will have to have landwher come to your house and give you a scolding. I think Tom would like to control all states so he could take away the early teal from all the normal states who have one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Seriously mother-fers...learn to use the quote function!
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”