Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: Wolves & Teal, MWA & HFW, DNR Hypocrisy & Legal Consequences

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:22 pm

The issue here fouler, is that Landwehr should be "listening" to his biologist and fish/wildlife managers. Certainly not any of the orgs listed above. At least a scientist is more likely to leave their personal agendas off the table.

And you talk about other people "not getting it".
Dominate The Skies.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:39 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Trigger, your stupidity just amazes me at times. So he is personally against the Teal season and you label him as an anti hunter? :roll: And you wonder why people of your type have zero credibility and are not listened to by the decision makers?

As for Jim, that's his personal view point regarding the early teal season. That being said, I understand and see his view as to why not to have it, but I still disagree with him.

Now as for Jim Cox the person - well he is indeed a roll up your sleeves and lets get things done type of guy. I served under him when he was chapter Pres. 15+ years ago. Saw how he clamped down and got the MWA back on the straight and narrow as Pres of the Org 6-12 years ago. He served on the Mn Valley River Trust for years, Then most recently was one of the charter citizens on the LOHC who screen the submittals for $ to make sure we get the most bang for the $ of the approx $90M a yr. and that it is is being spent as intended. He just rotated off last year. ALL of these positions you volunteer your time. Literally he has gifted 1,000s of hrs to us citizens in MN over the years. Frankly I wish we had 20 more people like him.

Now as for Tom, well no he does not take to heart people that are arm chair quarterbacks at best, and blowhards all too often. Frankly no public officials do, nor do private enterprises or citizens But he does listen to the guys out on the field getting things done. Be if that someone is from the NC, TU, DU, WDS,, MDHA, PF, DWF, RGS, local sportsmans club, etc, etc Basically it is this - are you contributing for the betterment of MN outdoors? That's who he listens to. Frankly I do not blame him one bit and think that is a wise approach. So how many 25 YO are rolling up their sleeves to help compared to 60 YOs? And some here wonder why he listens more to 'blue hairs"? It's awfully simple IMHO as to why. As there is plain just a lot more of them helping out than the under 40 crowd.

If I volunteered my time at the hospital, should doctors be taking my opinion on how to perform surgeries? flock no. Everything you said proves you do not get it.

Also, please don't put words in my mouth. I have never wondered why my internet handle has zero credibility.... and I'm sorry to break this to you and all you're girlfriends, but this isn't real life. I don't communicate with people in person and introduce myself as Trigger.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:42 pm

No I do get it Ron.

I just explained an hr ago the basis of Tom's decision. I did not say it was a totally good basis.

And if you had read what I said yesterday on a similar topic, I said that the biology is not winning out and he needs to be neutral and the scientific data should hold more weight in his decision making.

Thus Ron, we both agree that the science needs to have a more prominent basis in the decision making.

Trigger, go dig a hole and disappear like Hoffa did as you personally have no credibility anywhere. :lol:
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:01 pm

You're not quite up on comprehension. Every time you say the MWA has/had no official stance on a teal season, FF provides a legitimate statement from one of the many higher up MWA representatives stating "I or Our group" does not support a teal season.

Just face it, the MWA is doing more harm than good for Minnesota's current state of waterfowling. They certainly stand little to no chance of ever growing with their actions.
Dominate The Skies.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:09 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Trigger, go dig a hole and disappear like Hoffa did as you personally have no credibility anywhere. :lol:

Crap! h20fwlr from www.MNfowl.com says I don't have any credibility!! He has so much, that I have to believe him.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Trigger wrote:, but this isn't real life. .

So you are a totally fake persona here? figures... :roll:

That's where some of younguns just don't get it at all. I see it on FB with the younger crowd. The literal crap they post, like calling friends MFs, etc.. If I were to use that language at age 20 with my friends or a stranger I'd have the snot beat out of me. And then these kids now days wonder why us older people view them with complete disdain and give them no respect? They don't deserve any respect.
Also us older people what we type is what we would say in person. For example - what I have written here the last few days is what i would have said in face to face conversation.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:21 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Trigger wrote:, but this isn't real life. .

So you are a totally fake persona here? figures... :roll:

That's where some of younguns just don't get it at all. I see it on FB with the younger crowd. The literal crap they post, like calling friends MFs, etc.. If I were to use that language at age 20 with my friends or a stranger I'd have the snot beat out of me. And then these kids now days wonder why us older people view them with complete disdain and give them no respect? They don't deserve any respect.
Also us older people what we type is what we would say in person. For example - what I have written here the last few days is what i would have said in face to face conversation.

You're weird.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 am

h2ofwlr wrote:So he is personally against the Teal season and you label him as an anti hunter? :roll:

Were Howling For Wolves not anti-hunters for being against the wolf season even though the science based management plan justified a season?

They certainly were.

How then is someone against a teal season that is also justified through a scientific based management plan not an anti-hunter?

It's a distinction without a difference.

Bottom line: If you openly and publicly lobby against hunting seasons without any data or scientific justification for why you're opposed.......especially after the season was postponed a year before without any concrete data making it the most conservative approach ever for that type of season to verify it'd be safe and all the numbers came back 'safer' than you asked for...........then how can you possibly label that as anything other than being anti-hunting?

If it was an anti-hunting group that was advocating against the teal season every hunter in the state and the DNR would have immediately opened a full 16 day season with a 6 teal daily limit. if you don't think that's reality then you're lying to yourself.

When hunters irrationally argue against a season based on emotion many of us call it "conservation."

When anti-hunters irrationally argue against a season based on emotion we all band together in support of said season to "shove it in their face."

Don't think I haven't taken notice and put this card in my deck.

h2ofwlr quit being so biased. Do you want me to illustrate this? I can go back and change all references of 'MWA' to 'PETA' or 'HSUS' as an example and then see how it reads. it's funny how words have different meanings when we've made an investment in the organization and people saying them. Those same exact words said by someone else we don't like and.....damn, they'll make our skin crawl.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Howling for wolves wouldn't support a teal season if asked. So the MWA and the howling nut jobs can curl up under the covers and be in the same bed together. Piss poor imo that the MWA is more aligned with anit's than sound science and hunter opportunities.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”