lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: MWA at it Again......

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:31 am

OR including some stats that might affect ground nesters...... like the corn/bean monoculture that high ag prices brings.

Isn't there a term for the mantra that you can't stock pile duck populations like compensatory or some damn term?

If the "no pressure" mantra holds birds in this state, wouldn't it seem that by the 2nd south half opener every damn bird would be sitting around waiting to get shot, and that 2nd opener would be whack 'em stack 'em type event with significant higher hunter success rates.

The minnow pond sloughs, loss of CRP, no appreciable expenditure to grassland improvements on public lands (focus on acquiring more minnow ponds), a disregard for original thought regarding items such as moist soil management (Cox shot this down on LCMR), and the idea, THE IDEA that even though total duck harvest is down...... amazingly along with the loss of 40,000 duck hunters....... that harvest per hunter per season is HIGHER than in 2011...... requires that we select a more conservative framework because MN nesting populations are lower, while CONTINTENTAL populations are at an all time, is such a lopsided view of game management that it defies any ability to avoid superfluity.

Dave Zentner and his $100 billion plan does not seem to be affecting the ducks, so we best not shoot anymore..... bull shyte.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:50 pm

I wish it WAS $100 Billion for the PPR to save what is left and do some appreciable improvements to the water quality.

Imagine if even 25% of the CRP $ in the farm bills these last 25 years were put into permanent conservation wetland and grassland easements.

That being said, I used to disagree with the compensatory theory of waterfowl management. But as it's been pointed out, it's been over 10 years now and there is no evidence that we lost ducks as a result. So as they say, the proof is in the pudding, it seems to work. Thus welcome to the 20th consecutive year of the "liberal" duck hunting framework.

As for the repugnant personal remarks of the 3 guys, and you guys wonder why none of the DNR or USFWS folks have any respect or listen or take any of you seriously here? :roll: Hey I have no qualms if you want to disagree with someone's thoughts or stance. But to blatantly attack them with slander simply because you disagree with them is way over the line.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:18 am

h2ofwlr wrote:As for the repugnant personal remarks of the 3 guys, and you guys wonder why none of the DNR or USFWS folks have any respect or listen or take any of you seriously here? :roll: Hey I have no qualms if you want to disagree with someone's thoughts or stance. But to blatantly attack them with slander simply because you disagree with them is way over the line.

What is slander? And can you please point out exactly what you are referencing please?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 am

It's only slander if it isn't true.

And fouler...we(people of intelligence) all use our real names in personal correspondance. Only a total jackass wouldn't.
Dominate The Skies.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:06 am

h2ofwlr wrote:As for the repugnant personal remarks of the 3 guys, and you guys wonder why none of the DNR or USFWS folks have any respect or listen or take any of you seriously here? :roll: Hey I have no qualms if you want to disagree with someone's thoughts or stance. But to blatantly attack them with slander simply because you disagree with them is way over the line.

You're right, it's completely wrong to push personal opinions with no accountability for what is being said.

So why do guys like Cox and Zentner keep doing it?

I don't want the USFWS or DNR to take me seriously. They shouldn't give a flying f**K about what I think. Same for the jerkoffs quoted in every duck related article in this state.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 am

Bullet21XD wrote:It's only slander if it isn't true.

And fouler...we(people of intelligence) all use our real names in personal correspondance. Only a total jackass wouldn't.

"Hello Mr. Landwehr, my name is H2Ofwlr, that's fowler with no vowels. We could discuss waterfowl management here is person, but I would rather have you read my opinions at MNFowl.com, that is where I do my best work. But don't read that stuff by Bullet21XD, Fish Felon, Gimpfinger, Trigger, Lanyard or anyone else on there! Their Internet handles have zero credibility!"
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”