delta
Mergie Marauder

Re: Splits

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:06 pm

IM in the central zone, the split is from Monday- this Friday. last I checked I work those days anyway, so I could careless about this split, I don't notice it. The split always lands during the lull in birds in central MN anyway. I have been driving around looking at lakes and potholes and seeing few this week , I don't think anybody is missing out.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:37 pm

delta wrote:I don't think anybody is missing out.

Yes they are.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Splits

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Trigger wrote:[quote="delta"]I don't think anybody is missing out.

Yes they are.[/quote]
I know we are. I went out tonight and looked around and decent amount of new birds around. Gaddies, reds and a few cans. Maybe some will be around for the second youth day(s) oops I mean when we open back up.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 pm

lanyard wrote:The challenge is this portion of the framework is flexible but there is only opinion to respond to. Maybe they include some questions in the survey, but these will likely be insufficient to provide guidance.

The fact we got splits in the first place can be listed as a moment of progression and liberalization at the DNR. This period has been marked by 3 wood ducks, 2 hen mallards, full limits of divers, open water hunting, and a one week earlier start of the season

Previously it was the 20 years it took to go from noon to half hour before sunrise.

I think positive mention of these accomplishments with a desire for augmented splits might go a long way in getting things adjusted, rather than a "I know we wanted to get here, but now that we've arrived, this sucks"

Agreed.

Why did they move so fast, in such a short period of time, then back to old habits?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Splits

Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:09 am

gimpfinger wrote:I had no problems with the first split. Three days on then five off. Locals didn't get piss pounded for over a week, more of a chance at better bwt numbers and less chance for a good front to blow early migrants through.

Team Power Dump

I definitely agree. That was much better for killing ducks.
Dominate The Skies.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:20 am

^^^ I agree.

Fish Felon wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:But their concern is too many hunters will head to the MS river with small SE zone.

So the rest of the Southern third of the state should lose out on prime hunting time in early October in order to spread out pressure for the approximately 27 guys that hunt the river those last couple weeks?

Basically that is correct, except there are a LOT more hunters down there than you think already and making the zone smaller would up the hunters number dramatically is the reasoning from what I had learned.

Myself, make the metro counties (Carver, Hennepin, Anoka, Ramsey, Washington, Scott, Dakota) part of the SE zone and run I35 as the east/west line south of there and Hwy 95 up by North Branch to WI the north line for the SE zone.

This way the current south zone west of I35 would be part of the central zone.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:36 pm

If the rest of the southern zone is frozen it isn't going to spread out the pressure in the SE. Duck hunters are going to crowd in to where there are ducks.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Splits

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:15 pm

gimpfinger wrote:[quote="Trigger"][quote="delta"]I don't think anybody is missing out.

Yes they are.[/quote]
I know we are. I went out tonight and looked around and decent amount of new birds around. Gaddies, reds and a few cans. Maybe some will be around for the second youth day(s) oops I mean when we open back up.

Team Power Dump[/quote]
Well you should bang a bunch of uneducated birds on saturday i would think.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Splits

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Bailey wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"][quote="Trigger"][quote="delta"]I don't think anybody is missing out.

Yes they are.[/quote]

Team Power Dump[/quote]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk[/quote]
That would get me a ticket down here.

I am heading north for the weekend though.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Splits

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:49 pm

gimpfinger wrote:[quote="Bailey"][quote="gimpfinger"][quote="Trigger"][quote="delta"]I don't think anybody is missing out.

Yes they are.[/quote]

Team Power Dump[/quote]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk[/quote]
That would get me a ticket down here.

I am heading north for the weekend though.

Team Power Dump[/quote]
Oh I thought you were central zone for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”