Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: What happened to the dude who stabbed the wrestling coach??

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 am

If somebody grabs another human being and drags them out of their car, whatever happens next is on them.

Does this kid know that if he ends getting knocked out this guy is gonna stop pummeling until he's dead? No, he doesn't. He was well within his rights to use deadly force.

If this kid is in the wrong I'd LOVE to hear what you guys have to think about your hero George Zimmerman.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:07 am

He only killed a black dude, so it's OK.
Dominate The Skies.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:03 am

Hahahahahahaha

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 am

deet wrote:It would be a total joke if the "kid" gets off free. First I'll say that the deceased acted like an idiot by confronting the punks and getting in their faces. It won't be hard to prove at all that the coach was the aggressor. But I don't believe that is reason enough to justify the use of deadly force. If I remember the story right (haven't looked at this in a while), Levi didn't get so much as punched. Not a mark on his body, right? If he feared for his life and saw no other alternative than to use deadly force, then he's a huge pussy, or completely mindless, or both. None of those things are excuses to be off the hook. No one in their right mind resorts to busting out the blade that fast.

Another thing - he STABBED HIM IN THE CHEST. Is that an easy thing to do if you're getting pummeled by some monster of a man? The whole thing just reeks of overprivileged punk taking the fastest way out of a somewhat hairy situation.

I just can't believe his actions were justified, by the books. Certainly not justified using moral, rational thought.

I guess moral, rational thought doesn't include using common sense. Stalking someone in the dark and attacking them, or even approaching them to within arms reach after 3 hours of shouting, is a great way to get stabbed justifiably.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

deet
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:21 am

Trigger wrote:I guess moral, rational thought doesn't include using common sense. Stalking someone in the dark and attacking them, or even approaching them to within arms reach after 3 hours of shouting, is a great way to get stabbed justifiably.

What? If we're yelling at each other for a while and then we're within 2 ft later, I should expect you to stab me? And I'd deserve it? That's bull.

The stories I'd heard weren't conclusive at all as to how the two ended up close to each other. So it is way speculative to say Levi was justified because Coach was stalking him and pulled him from his car.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:If somebody grabs another human being and drags them out of their car, whatever happens next is on them.

So we know this to be factual? The coach got ahold of the kid and pulled him from his car? Thought that was just one side of the story, and very far from the other side of the story.

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Does this kid know that if he ends getting knocked out this guy is gonna stop pummeling until he's dead? No, he doesn't. He was well within his rights to use deadly force.

Personally I don't fear for my life and go for a knife every time someone's yelling at me. I don't know, maybe I'm just overly optimistic that an altercation won't inevitably lead to my death by pummeling.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:35 am

Wrestlers are notorious for being dbags who think they are tough...I can totally see a wrestler thinking hes tough, going to show this kid a lesson, and try to pull him out of a car and put a wrestling move on him.

Theres two very different stories...but in this case I'm believing the kids story

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:20 pm

deet wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]If somebody grabs another human being and drags them out of their car, whatever happens next is on them.

So we know this to be factual? The coach got ahold of the kid and pulled him from his car? Thought that was just one side of the story, and very far from the other side of the story.

[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]
Does this kid know that if he ends getting knocked out this guy is gonna stop pummeling until he's dead? No, he doesn't. He was well within his rights to use deadly force. [/quote]
Personally I don't fear for my life and go for a knife every time someone's yelling at me. I don't know, maybe I'm just overly optimistic that an altercation won't inevitably lead to my death by pummeling.[/quote]

That is overly optimistic. Traumatic brain injuries can be life altering even if you don't die.

No idea on what happened on the being pulled from the car situation. We'll find out I guess.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:22 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Wrestlers are notorious for being dbags who think they are tough...I can totally see a wrestler thinking hes tough, going to show this kid a lesson, and try to pull him out of a car and put a wrestling move on him.

Theres two very different stories...but in this case I'm believing the kids story

I was a wrestler and unfortunately can agree with that stereotype. Lots of em really think they're tough and start fights.

The events preceding the stabbing will never be known for sure, I guess. Still, even when I give the kid all the benefit of the doubt, a knife to the chest is way out of line.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm

One thing I have learned if you are jawing with a dude and you find out he used to wrestle - the best course of action is to buy him a beer and get the hell out of there.

When this story started it was "high school wrestling coach murdered".....then it turns out he was hiding in the darkness watching the younger guy, went over to "teach him respect", most likely pulled him out of a car as they were trying to leave. The coach's buddy says he isn't sure what happened because he was looking the other way...........get real dude.

If I'm fishing in the dark on a river (which I wouldn't because I'm not Hmong or white trash) and some dickhead tries to pull me out of my car I'm pretty sure if I would do whatever I could to get away. Not sure if I would stab someone simply because I've been a puss my whole life....but that's why I'm not dead or on trial for stabbing a player either so I guess not being a tough guy has served me pretty well. I've always said I'm too good looking to fight, why mess that up?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”