lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Vikings Tail gating

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Anyone with experience at TCF Bank Stadium for Vikes games?

Taking the kids to their first Vikings game, trying to figure out if it's worth the extra effort to tail gate or just take the light rail in.

Open to ideas/suggestions.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Re: Vikings Tail gating

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Park and walk in or light rail.

Tailgating is mostly boozing (which is fine and all when you are with your friends), but with kids in tow on their first game ... I would get in to the stadium and enjoy everything in there.

The tickets we have now are rather high end corporate and really good. Good mix of general fans, rowdy fans and a few cheering for the other team. Get loud when getting loud makes sense.

Can tell you it gets interesting in the the stadium in certain sections and especially on Monday night games (dome). Some guys love to get drunk and then intimidate grandma sitting behind them. Advent of texting security has 'em out of the stands rather quickly.

Have fun.

Bring those hand warmers & toe warmers if it gets cold.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks PH.

was kicking around the web site and discovered we can take the Bus from the station 1 mile up the road from our place in Chan. It's the same run they make for the State Fair. For $4.50 each, pretty certain we'll rock the public transit :-)

Haven't been to a game in a few years and hadn't tail gated since I was a kid. We'll likely finish afterwards close to home at BW3.

My kid is a huge NY Giants fan. Stub Hub is great, hopefully the peeps in the cheap seats are cool with him wearing a Giants jersey.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:39 pm

lanyard wrote:Thanks PH.

was kicking around the web site and discovered we can take the Bus from the station 1 mile up the road from our place in Chan. It's the same run they make for the State Fair. For $4.50 each, pretty certain we'll rock the public transit :-)

Haven't been to a game in a few years and hadn't tail gated since I was a kid. We'll likely finish afterwards close to home at BW3.

My kid is a huge NY Giants fan. Stub Hub is great, hopefully the peeps in the cheap seats are cool with him wearing a Giants jersey.

Based off my one game experience and knowing some of the idiots I know who go to games, I would atleast inform your kid of what shyte talking is. Chances are it won't happen to him since he's a kid, but football fans are the dumbest of the dumb.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Good point trigger.

I do not attempt to shelter my kids from life ... but an explanation before hand is good.

Vikes fans have been pretty good to the opposing fans at games I have attended. Especially compared to the crap that occurs on the East Coast and in the Bay area.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Trigger wrote:
lanyard wrote:Thanks PH.

Based off my one game experience and knowing some of the idiots I know who go to games, I would atleast inform your kid of what shyte talking is. Chances are it won't happen to him since he's a kid, but football fans are the dumbest of the dumb.

They got water fowlers beat, or is it more like a tie?

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:41 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1448919638360.jpg

This will be your kid Monday after the game...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”