Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mounts---Why???

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Do you guys have any mounts? Some guys don't for one of three reasons:

1. They don't care for them. I respect that.

2. They haven't shot or caught anything to get mounted per the standards they're using; typically fisherman and deer hunters. This I can also respect even if the standards are different than my own. I respect that.

3. Their wife is a bigger **** when it comes to home decor. I'm not sure if I can or can't respect this, I can have sympathy because I'm married too and my wife is also a **** just not as bad when it comes to mounts.

Side Note: any young guys that have a nice girlfriend that loves and appreciates you don't get married. After two years of marriage that wears off and they're no longer nice and will certainly not appreciate you.

What type of guy are you when it comes to mounts?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Re: Mounts---Why???

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:42 am

My wife is pretty good about mounts, as long as they stay downstairs. I have 1 buck and 1 duck on the wall currently. I have 3 more ducks I'm going to get put on the wall. I have never caught a fish worth mounting yet. Maybe some day.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:28 am

First things first, why in the hell is the word c-u-n-t censored? Is this the no rules portion of a duck hunting site? What's next, adding a transgender (aka ******) forum and preaching acceptance by promoting letting severely sick individuals make irreversible actions they can never come back from and often lead to suicide?
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:40 am

Why is f-a-g-g-o-t flagged? Why all the cencorship favoring left leaning PC bullshit?

Same with nagger. Who gives a shit? It's just a word. If no human ever speaks it again, aka a specific noise vocalized by a primate, it's not going to give a single one of them a job or change anything.

The sad thing is it's liberal whites that have pushed that to the detriment of black america. All they've done is give the word more power than ever. If I was part of black lives matters, which I'm not because I'm white and that'd make me a little phaggot kunt, I'd push for national nagger day. A day devoted to encouraging everyone to use nagger as much as possible. Whites calling ghuks naggers, asians call spicks naggers, hispanics calling naggers naggers, naggers calling honkeys naggers, kikes calling towelheads naggers, prairie nigers calling nigers nigers....

....makes it a meaningless in society.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:44 am

OK, follow up to the mount question.

What are you standards, I.E. what causes you to get something mounted? Technically it could be multiple or all but what is most important?

1. Trophy
2. Sentimental
3. Art
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:53 am

1. I'm on Tapatalk and none of your post is censored. The words are there in all of their glory.

2. The Buck was mounted because it is considered a trophy where I hunt. It has 14 points and scores just over 168".

3. The duck I have mounted was my first drake ringer and happened to be a pretty nice one. This would be sentimental.

4. The other three are nicely plumed out. They are a drake buffie, and a hen and drake can. These would be more for art/I like ducks on the wall.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 am

As I think about it I realize I have different criteria for different animals:
Fish - 1. Must be a species I really like; 2A. Must be an uncontested trophy class size for the region, or 2B. must be really big AND have a really cool story to go with it (like one of my kids was with me and we almost lost it, or something like that).

Deer - shoulder mount must be 160"+ OR 140+ AND shot in the company of one of my kids AND they insist that it's a mounter. (Obviously I don't care too much to get a shoulder mount. Lots of racks on plaques already)

Ducks - has to be a beautiful drake AND have a cool story to go with it AND I'd already have other animals on the wall first.

Upland birds - never unless I already have a few animals on the wall and want to make an ostentatious game room. Never gonna happen, fine by me.

Furbearers - see upland birds.

I'm not big on mounted game. A huge buck is the first thing for which I'd fork out cash, but it's also the least likely thing I'll ever bag. I am a huge fan of pictures, so for now I'll stick to those.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:28 am

I had a Canvasback mounted couple years back, nicest one I've ever shot in SW Mn., there are definitely nicer ones out there but it had one BB in the head and the colors were OK, the only thing I would ever get mounted now would be a nice Northern Pike........it would have to be 25Lbs. or so , so I think I'm safe....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 am

Fish Felon wrote:Do you guys have any mounts? Some guys don't for one of three reasons:

1. They don't care for them. I respect that.

2. They haven't shot or caught anything to get mounted per the standards they're using; typically fisherman and deer hunters. This I can also respect even if the standards are different than my own. I respect that.

3. Their wife is a bigger **** when it comes to home decor. I'm not sure if I can or can't respect this, I can have sympathy because I'm married too and my wife is also a **** just not as bad when it comes to mounts.

Side Note: any young guys that have a nice girlfriend that loves and appreciates you don't get married. After two years of marriage that wears off and they're no longer nice and will certainly not appreciate you.

What type of guy are you when it comes to mounts?

I'm the 1st one.... My wife actually likes/prefers taxidermy, especially big game in contrast to skulls/euro mounts. I don't. The animals I have on the wall I regret mounting... Not because they aren't trophies or don't have unique stories, they all do. I much prefer a blown up picture of the animal, with me and anyone I was with at the time. I'm not knocking anyone that likes taxidermy, I simply don't. If I had the space, a 300"+ bull elk would be kind of neat, but I don't and won't anytime soon. Everything else, I'll keep the rack or the picture of the hunt.... I just don't get into taxidermy. I would probably feel somewhat obligated to mount a whitetail if it hit B&C, but outside of that I don't know that I'd mount anything anymore. I haven't had anything taxidermied professionally for probably the last 10 or 15 years.... (I still do all my own euro mounts of antlers however)

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mounts---Why???

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

I regret every mount I ever wasted money on, except maybe my mule deer just because it was nice and I may never shoot another.

SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY! I've moved my mounts so many times and they are such a pain in the ass to move I'd give them all up just to get half the money back. Maybe even a quarter of the money.

I can appreciate top quality taxidermy work done with top quality specimens but that is about as rare as pairing a unicorn with a Sasquatch.

I just cringe when these goons on bookface post a pic of their early season woodie or a freakin hen ruddy duck or whatever their closest cheapest duck-mortician did for them (and made it look like roadkill) and they want everyone to oooh and ahhhhh over it.

I also love it when they ask for references to taxidermists who do great work cheap. Yeah, cuz I'm sure the clown asking works hard for less money than the going rate. Why wouldn't a top notch taxidermist do the same?! LOL

I feel bad every taxidermist, gifted or not, who has to pay the bills mounting terrible specimens like ducks shot in MN and small bucks. How depressing.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”