HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Best Used Car Selling Options

Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Trying to dump our testicle crushing Prius that my wife drove around the dirty south for work since moving back to MN.

What have you found works best to move vehicles nowadays? In the past we typically traded in or drove garbage that wasn't much of a challenge to offload. I've got it on Craigslist and CarSoup currently, but there's gotta be other stuff I'm not thinking of.

If anyone happens to know anybody looking for one, I'll put $200 cash into your pocket upon a successful sale.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Best Used Car Selling Options

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:32 am

Well 1st off, welcome back.

Those 2 are the best.

I'm not sure what the price tag is, but on FB there is a sell page for vehicles of $5k or less that you may want to try. Also look for a swap and shop on FB in the community or county where you are now living,

Years ago Auto Trader was the boss. The last I sold on it was 10 years ago, in the past I always had good luck there. You have to pay to be listed. But I doubt there is much traffic with them with the advent of free CL and FB these last 5 - 8 years.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:51 am

While the craigslist experience sucks, it's been the most effective method I've used to recover value out of a used vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:08 am

Down here in the SW corner of the state, the Hy-Vee Trader is a great way to sell a vehicle ot anything for that matter, great circulation and is available online as well, Craigslist is OK but heard some many scam deals on there.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:33 pm

I agree with SH Nelson. Craigslist bites, but the people that actually show up have generally come ready to buy. Been awhile as I've just done trades the last couple times, on the road too much to baby sit the deal.

The other one that's worked for household is if know anyone at big companies like Gen Mills. They have intranet classifieds.

9Man- you ever sell anything on radio Swapline? Father in law does a ton on that.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:59 am

Never done the swap-line, in Marshall they have the Flea Market radio show, I remember when it lasted like 20 minutes with people calling , now it lasts maybe 5 min at most........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”