Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: What Do You Do For Inside Winter Projects?

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:13 pm

It doesn't get too cold to ice fish for me. Was out in -26 last weekend.

I should really paint some decoys this winter though. I have tons of gear to fix/replace but that will probably happen in August or September like most years. I'm king of procrastinatng.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Been scouring Craigslist, ebay and just internet searches trying to find a lower unit for my boat motor. Fricken hard to find.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Mold and paint more decoys, reload the 4,500 plus rounds I need for skeet and trap shooting for summer leagues
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Doa Honker
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:31 pm

^^^^Were do you shoot skeet? We may have crossed paths one time or another

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:24 pm

triplecurler wrote:Been scouring Craigslist, ebay and just internet searches trying to find a lower unit for my boat motor. Fricken hard to find.

Whats the motor? I have about two dozen that are good for parts.

I will be inside all winter sitting on the couch thinking about how cool it would be if i carved a couple dozen ringbill decoys.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Changing my POS pella windows. 12 of them. Class action lawsuit. Gave me a whopping 25% off. I have 4 totally rotten windows. And 8 more going that direction. Put in in 98' So IllL be varnishing them the next 2 weeks and gettin them in before x-mas and then with any luck get this house sold and move into something bigger newer less problems.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Class action lawsuits suck. The lawyers get millions and you get screwed.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:23 pm

randywatson wrote:Changing my POS pella windows. 12 of them. Class action lawsuit. Gave me a whopping 25% off. I have 4 totally rotten windows. And 8 more going that direction. Put in in 98' So IllL be varnishing them the next 2 weeks and gettin them in before x-mas and then with any luck get this house sold and move into something bigger newer less problems.

Interesting, we've had our Pellas since 1982 with minimal problems. 3 of them don't seal as good as they used to, but they are better than the Anderson's my neighbor replaced long ago. Did your rot from the inside or out? Every 5 years or so I touch up the sash on the bottom with poly to protect the wood.
I also put in three Pellas in 2003 doing a remodel and they are awesome. They are a substantial better design than the 1982 ones.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Manscape.
Craigslist Prostaff

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:44 pm

lanyard wrote:
D.T. Hammer wrote:Currently on hold finalizing a provisional patent application. Been on the phone with the gobernment for 1:22:42 so far.

If you want a number where you can write a check and get things done, happy to refer my attorney's.

If you've done this before and are cool with it, go nuts. I have difficulty operating in systems that are complex because the designers got paid to design systems by the hour.

Thanks for the offer of help.

I have never done this before. Today was a big day as I finalized my provisional application and got my official patent pending status.

I like learning how to do stuff, and have been told by so many folks how hard it is and you need an attorney. Well step one is done and it was cake.

I do not have extra money so I also like saving some money.
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”