h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Tony Toye sentence handed down

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 am

Nershi wrote: there is a law regarding tagging your birds? I've never heard of that requirement.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Word to the wise - to do EVER ask Nershi for advice regarding the waterfowl regs or laws...
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:08 am

Nershi wrote:I'm guessing fowler is making chit up saying state and fed wardens have both said you can get a ticket for not separating birds. If it truly happened those wardens were speaking from the law enforcement side of the fence and not the judicial side.

Please read HDs story about the anal CO.
If the birds are always separated - there is no possible entrapment now is there? Enough said.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:12 am

Can you party hunt for pheasants?

Can you part hunt for deer?

Why ducks. It's literally the dumbest law on the books when it comes to waterfowl hunting. The guy with a dog inevitably ends up with the "pile". What difference does it make if you end up with a limit. When a flock come right into the kill hole and 3 guys open's up there is no way to say with 100% certainly who shot what. No way.

If a warder harassed me for an hour I would just F it give me a ticket so I can get on with my day.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: RE: Re: Tony Toye sentence handed down

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 am

^^^ Steve, Fed laws are not state laws (deer and upland game). It really does matter what you think of the laws, it only matters if you comply with them - otherwise you are in violation of the law.

But I do sympathize with you. I for 1 think it is unethical not to to be able to motor with a loaded gun when chasing a cripple down to include it in your bag. The no motoring running and the craft can not still be moving forward then you load the gun to shoot is pure BS as it's contrary in making every effort to get the crippled bird included in your daily bag limit. But the law is what it is. :/

As far as separating birds, I just do it right away. I have heard too many horror stories when a group of guys has a pile of birds, so I just avoid that. Also it's just 1 additional reason I shy away from big groups when hunting.

gimpfinger wrote:
This is why I only hunt with a select few that know when they kill something. Hate that one guy that always hits every bird dropped no matter where it was.

When he reaches 6 - make him put his gun into the case and pile all 6 next to him since he shot them all. (it'd be interesting say if there were 4 Wood ducks or 3 Cans in that pile). :lol: And do not invite him along again.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 am

Toye got what he deserved for profiting and over limits off of our wild resource.....

but we wonder why so many people are leaving the sport of waterfowl hunting. you need a law degree for every spin on the waterfowl laws. then you have butthurt CO's that want to prosecute instead of educate. The couple times ive met the Co's in the field has been pleasant. It was my 2nd year turkey hunting and I had 2 shot in. long story short he told me any shot under 4 shot can kill someone if you mistake them for a turkey. i jsut kept my mouth shut but wanted to show him my hunter safety card. he gave me a warning.
Last edited by randywatson on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am

Hansen wrote:Can you party hunt for pheasants?

Can you part hunt for deer?

Why ducks. It's literally the dumbest law on the books when it comes to waterfowl hunting. The guy with a dog inevitably ends up with the "pile". What difference does it make if you end up with a limit. When a flock come right into the kill hole and 3 guys open's up there is no way to say with 100% certainly who shot what. No way.

If a warder harassed me for an hour I would just F it give me a ticket so I can get on with my day.

"this isn't Vietnam, there are rules here"
- Walter

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am

randywatson wrote:Toye got what he deserved for profiting off of our wild resource.....

but we wonder why so many people are leaving the sport of waterfowl hunting. you need a law degree for every spin on the waterfowl laws. then you have butthurt CO's that want to prosecute instead of educate. The couple times ive met the Co's in the field has been pleasant. It was my 2nd year turkey hunting and I had 2 shot in. long story short he told me any shot under 4 shot can kill someone if you mistake them for a turkey. i jsut kept my mouth shut but wanted to show him my hunter safety card. he gave me a warning.

Yeah man best to just be quiet or LEO might kill you like that Australian woman.

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 am

Nershi wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:Hobbydog, I would have been making a call to that CO's boss after that incident. That sounds terrible. Did you ever look to see if there is a law regarding tagging your birds? I've never heard of that requirement.

Yep, it is a federal law and he even stated it is not really enforced in Minnesota. I wasn't the only one he harassed that weekend. I asked the guys camped at pool 3 if they had been checked. " oh yeah, biggest ahole we have ever seen" There were 4 of them and they had 3 coolers. He accused them of having a fourth one stashed somewhere even though they were no where close to a possession limit. He searched all over the woods and vehicles for the missing cooler. Kept asking where they were hiding it. He didn't mention anything about who shot what or tagging birds.

There is a much longer version of the story, maybe over a beer sometime.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Interesting account from Mr Mann who was supposedly in the courtroom. http://refugeforums.com/threads/guide-u ... 968/page-2

If this is true these guys got railroaded.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:20 pm

hobbydog wrote:
Nershi wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:Hobbydog, I would have been making a call to that CO's boss after that incident. That sounds terrible. Did you ever look to see if there is a law regarding tagging your birds? I've never heard of that requirement.

Yep, it is a federal law and he even stated it is not really enforced in Minnesota. I wasn't the only one he harassed that weekend. I asked the guys camped at pool 3 if they had been checked. " oh yeah, biggest ahole we have ever seen" There were 4 of them and they had 3 coolers. He accused them of having a fourth one stashed somewhere even though they were no where close to a possession limit. He searched all over the woods and vehicles for the missing cooler. Kept asking where they were hiding it. He didn't mention anything about who shot what or tagging birds.

There is a much longer version of the story, maybe over a beer sometime.

Judging by the story I could've swore you were somewhere between Bigfork and Cook; Chisholm to Nett.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”