Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:07 am

4-6 in Redwood according the that map. LOL. I can't wait for tomorrow morning, migrating ducks/geese are going to have blown way off course from that wind. Look for specks, snows etc as a common sight tomorrow am. Last time I hunted a mega wind we had a flock of specks in the kill hole at first light.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:27 am

Maybe a 1" tops here..............more like a dusting like GW said.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

deet
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 am

4" give (to the east) or take (to the west) in northern MN.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:15 am

Supposedly close to 3/4 million ducks on the Rice Lake refuge this week. Surely some of them are hitting the surrounding lakes. Gotta think there's a good shoot to be had.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 am

Close to 6"-8" of snow in the Iron Range and into the Arrowhead from weather observer reports I've seen.

Was out until 10am in the west metro. No movement of birds that I could see. Whiffed on a couple of geese and all the ducks were rafted in the middle of the pond I was hunting. Nasty conditions, but felt good to feel a chill again. Gonna try a field spread tomorrow I think and see if I have any better luck.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Big Push!

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 am

deet wrote:Supposedly close to 3/4 million ducks on the Rice Lake refuge this week. Surely some of them are hitting the surrounding lakes. Gotta think there's a good shoot to be had.
I don't think they leave that lake and have no reason co. I've never heard of good hunting around the surrounding lakes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Hansen wrote:4-6 in Redwood according the that map. LOL. I can't wait for tomorrow morning, migrating ducks/geese are going to have blown way off course from that wind. Look for specks, snows etc as a common sight tomorrow am. Last time I hunted a mega wind we had a flock of specks in the kill hole at first light.

[img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/Full_Force_Five/specks_zps0du2dxwj.jpg[/img]
Specks are here all the time anyways. There is a reason we bought speck decoys and calls. Probably had 15 flocks fly over last Sunday.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Btw no snow on the ground in redwood.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
Hansen wrote:4-6 in Redwood according the that map. LOL. I can't wait for tomorrow morning, migrating ducks/geese are going to have blown way off course from that wind. Look for specks, snows etc as a common sight tomorrow am. Last time I hunted a mega wind we had a flock of specks in the kill hole at first light.

[img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/Full_Force_Five/specks_zps0du2dxwj.jpg[/img]
Specks are here all the time anyways. There is a reason we bought speck decoys and calls. Probably had 15 flocks fly over last Sunday.

Ya I've started seeing them more and more it seems.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Big Push!

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Hansen wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"][quote="Hansen"]4-6 in Redwood according the that map. LOL. I can't wait for tomorrow morning, migrating ducks/geese are going to have blown way off course from that wind. Look for specks, snows etc as a common sight tomorrow am. Last time I hunted a mega wind we had a flock of specks in the kill hole at first light.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk[/quote]

Ya I've started seeing them more and more it seems.[/quote]I'd say the last 5 years we almost expect to see some every time out after the first week of the season. They were following the river east Sunday and there wasn't no stopping them.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”