cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: An early teal hunting season being considered for Minnes

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:18 pm

If I'm not mistaken, there was also an early Teal season in 1970 as well. I believe that it was for only 1-weekend and that was about 2-weeks before the regular season.

With the early seasons that we have had the last two years, I really don't see the need for another one.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

DakotaDog72
Coot Commander

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 pm

An early teal season would be awesome. Nothin better than a limit of greasers

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:01 am

I would be for it under one condition we get a Late... late season

something on these lines use our current opener as a 5 day teal season. Close for a week or two then get into our normal duck season.... north zone goes right from teal to opener, central has a 5 day break and south zone gets a 7 day break for teal season to opener..
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Lentrowe
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:10 am

I am by no means an eagle eye when it comes to identifying birds on the wing, but the way teal decoy in the early season if you can't ID them correctly I don't think you should be handling a firearm much less duck hunting.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:09 pm

StuStiltman wrote:Would an early teal season push ducks out of the state before opener? I've read plenty of folks on the other sight blame the youth day hunt and early goose over water for moving ducks out of the state before opener. Some of those folks are supporting an early teal season on this thread. ^^^^^. Anyways I'm for it, the more hunting opportunities the better.

Yes it would... but it would be an opener for everyone so people of all ages would get a good hunt in before they are gone.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:05 pm

How bout a Spring season where you get to shoot one duck in full plumage?

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:24 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:How bout a Spring season where you get to shoot one duck in full plumage?

That sounds like the worst idea of all time. No diss.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:55 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:How bout a Spring season where you get to shoot one duck in full plumage?

That would be sweet, but per the Migratory Treaty Act that Canada, USA and Mexico all signed, it can not happen for us. But subsitence living natives have exclusions built in.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Re: An early teal hunting season being considered for Minnesota

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Any news on if mn will ever get a teal season?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: An early teal hunting season being considered for Minnesota

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:00 am

I don't ever see it happening in Mn..................I would just love to get rid of the STUPID southern zone split...............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”